Location: New York, NY
Under the direction of the Director, Sustainability, this role will be an integral part of a best-in-class, comprehensive sustainability program and team that oversees the strategy, content, management, and direction of various measures, projects and initiatives in support of NYU sustainability and social justice goals. Areas of focus include but are not limited to carbon, energy, water, waste, purchasing, construction and renovation, food, and transportation. This position will have a key role in tracking NYU’s climate goals including creating metrics, compiling data, and managing databases. It will also oversee submissions to various regulatory, ranking and funding organizations. This role will also communicate with and interact regularly with clients, customers, and stakeholders such as Facilities Management, Technical Services, Construction Management, Dining Services, Faculty Housing, and Procurement.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, including sustainability-related project management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written, communication, presentation, and data management skills; demonstrated history of creative problem solving and initiative; strong interpersonal skills; ability to multitask with strong analytical skills. Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Master’s Degree in a related field (Environmental Science, Engineering, Sustainability, Planning, Data Analysis, etc).
- 2+ years Energy, building systems, or construction project management experience. Experience with life cycle costing, data collection, analysis, and modeling.
- Demonstrated collaboration and assisting with leadership within workstreams, committees, working groups, and stakeholder meetings. Ability to write clear and cogent reports and plans. Database analysis and modeling in Python, R, or another language. Knowledge of energy and carbon accounting (including Scope 3) methodology and best practices. Technical knowledge of building design, construction, analysis, and building science.
To apply for this job please visit uscareers-nyu.icims.com.