Location: Redmond, Washington
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
The Scope 3 Reduction Program Manager will lead crucial efforts to reduce GHG emissions from our value chain. Energy is the main source of GHG emissions. For example, PM will lead efforts to enable value chain energy efficiency improvement and renewable electricity and fuels adoption. The PM will coordinate and manage projects across the organization supporting and building a sustainable value chain. This role will report to the Director of Energy innovation and Impact.
- Design and implement projects contributing to reducing carbon emissions from Microsoft’s value chain.
- Work with multidisciplinary project teams across the company to align project milestones, schedules, cost, and metrics to deliver a Scope 3 decarbonization roadmap.
- Engage with suppliers, peer groups or industry associations on supply chain sustainability and carbon reduction roadmap.
- Plans the project roadmap & goals, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Manage roadmap milestones to deliver on time and on budget to the assigned projects within the sustainability roadmap along with expected return on investment. Integrates into product development deliverables, business and financial reviews.
- Source and structure data that is not readily available. Skill-set to do first-pass at analyzing data on performance and structure of supply chains and/or identify the right resources to perform necessary analytics.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and analyzes them for efficiency (waste, complexity, cost), effectiveness (achieves desired outcome), and quality and makes recommendations for solutions and improvements.
- Identifies roadblocks and demonstrates the ability to provide recommendations for practical solutions.
- Bring thought leadership by assessing the industry and the broader business environment to account for customer preferences, industry trends, market conditions, and business needs.
- Motivate and influence a global team across several disciplines.
- Manages and executes on Microsoft strategies and/or programs related to corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability).
- Contributes to the formulation of Microsoft’s corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) initiatives and/or topics.
- Responds to corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) issues by prioritizing, engaging relevant parties, and escalating matters or contacting a specialist, as appropriate.
- Supports the advancement of Microsoft’s policy agenda that addresses societal issues.
- Assesses complex local, regional, or national community and civic engagement needs to determine opportunities for corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) program development and implementation.
- Executes corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) programs designed to build resiliency, self-sufficiency, and opportunities for individuals and communities.
- Develops and manages project timelines, budgets, and plans for corporate social responsibility (e.g., philanthropies, accessibility, sustainability) programs.
- Contributes to and facilitates program development, outreach, and execution, and assesses feasibility of program extension to other internal and external communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 3+ years experience in corporate social responsibility, philanthropies, corporate affairs, or related area
- OR 5+ years experience in corporate social responsibility, philanthropies, corporate affairs, or related area.
- 5+ Years’ experience in project and program management
- 5+ years’ experience in Sustainability or Supply Chain
- MBA or Masters degree
- 7+ years’ experience in Sustainability or Supply Chain
- Experience in consulting and implementing transformation projects
- Experience leading business, sustainability and/or supply chain projects with diverse stakeholders
- Strong experience in effectively designing and implementing programs requiring cross-group collaboration
- A high level of enthusiasm, creativity, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and effectiveness as a team player with experience of leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English and executive communication
- 7+ years experience in corporate social responsibility, philanthropies, corporate affairs, or related area.In-house counsel experience
- 3+ years experience managing a corporate social responsibility or related program.
- 3+ years experience working in or with a large, matrixed organization.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.