Website The Sustainability Consortium
Location: U.S. Remote
The Sustainability Consortium (TSC) is a global non-profit organization transforming the consumer goods industry to deliver more sustainable consumer products. We work to enable a world where people can lead fulfilled lives in a way that decouples their impacts on people and the planet. TSC’s Science and Impact Team conducts research and develops content integral to TSC’s offerings such as The Sustainability Insight System (THESIS). We help companies identify, prioritize, and address sustainability impacts in their supply chains.
This position joins a global, dedicated team working to bring the best sustainability science to the consumer goods industry to create more sustainable products. TSC is a fast-moving, family-friendly, entrepreneurial organization where flexibility is valued, and all voices are heard.
The Science and Impact Manager for Durable Goods and Personal Care Products will be responsible for The Sustainability Consortium’s (TSC) research and program activities. The primary responsibilities support THESIS, TSC’s independent, science-based, sustainability performance solution, to ensure global impact. The position works directly with the Director of Science and Impact and other Science and Impact Team colleagues. This position is the main point of contact for leading science and impact research in non-agricultural related sectors and is responsible for carrying forward TSC’s mission to make all products are sustainable.
Research and Development
- maintain expert knowledge and understanding of current events and developments in sustainable supply chains
- develop sustainability Key Performance Indicators (metrics) and accompanying guidance, improvement opportunities, and action recommendations.
- review supplier performance data and qualitative feedback to identify and implement necessary enhancements
- develop user interpretation guides for quantitative metrics
- develop content for supplier improvement plans
- stay current with science of sustainability issues, standards, certifications, and initiatives to identify and implement necessary content enhancements
- research new product categories or products, as needed, to develop new assessments
- develop materials to help suppliers, including presentations, videos and webinars
- interpret data analytics and develop reports
- identify project opportunities
- lead project deliverables
- act as supply chain expert with stakeholders
- support custom retailer requests
- develop and lead content creation for TSC’s meetings and webinars
- represent TSC at industry conferences, which may require developing and leading conference sessions
- Bachelor’s degree in sustainability, environmental science, chemistry, engineering, physiology, biology, biochemistry, toxicology, or another related field.
- Five (5) years of related professional experience.
- Project management experience
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with research and translating technical materials to general audiences.
- Effective, positive team leader and team member with the ability to work remotely with colleagues located in multiple offices
- High attention to detail; Solutions-oriented and results-driven; ability to multitask in a demanding, fast-paced environment; excellent project management skills
- Proven excel skills in capturing and recording important data, using shortcuts and formula function, building charts and graphs, sorting, and filtering data, utilizing pivot tables, etc.
- Knowledge of current and emerging sustainability issues.
- Experience working with and reviewing technical materials and interacting with technical staff
- Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of information using Excel with a basic understanding and knowledge of data science and interpretation
- Masters or Doctoral degree in sustainability, environmental science, chemistry, engineering, physiology, biology, biochemistry, toxicology, or another related field.
- Technical or research experience in manufacturing of durable goods or and personal care products
- Corporate experience in a related field
- Experience in collaborating with supply chain or procurement function
- Experience creating sustainability metrics
- Experience with global and regional stakeholder engagement
- Experience independently planning and managing projects
- Success in writing research proposals and obtaining research funding
- Experience creating business-facing, science-based, sustainability resources
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.