Website Article One
Location: San Francisco, CA
The Manager, Responsible Innovation will play a key role in expanding Article One’s fast-growing Responsible Innovation practice. We are looking for a passionate self-starter who brings an entrepreneurial and collaborative disposition, recognizing that as a dynamic and fast-growing company, we take an “all-hands on deck” approach.
As Article One’s Manager, Responsible Innovation, you will drive transformative change at the world’s most influential companies, helping our clients embed ethics and human rights in product design, development, and deployment. You will help build Article One’s responsible innovation practice by managing consulting projects, generating leads, optimizing existing and designing new advisory services, building and leading a team of consultants, and setting goals for an impactful and transformative practice. In addition, you will play a leading role in advancing Article One’s Roundtable on Human Rights and Artificial Intelligence, a collaboration platform for leading AI companies.
The role is a full-time position. While the position is based in Article One’s San Francisco Bay Area office, we are open to candidates based in other major US, UK, or European technology hubs. The role may require up to 30 percent travel.
The Manager, Responsible Innovation will have the following responsibilities:
Practice Building, including:
- Generating leads with existing and potential clients;
- Developing innovative approaches to integrating responsibility into the product development lifecycle; and,
- Representing Article One at relevant conferences, events, and on key content platforms.
Project Management and Implementation, including:
- Managing the project team, timeline, and budget;
- Facilitating responsible foresight, scenario planning, consequence scanning, and other interactive workshops with engineering and policy functions;
- Conducting research and analysis for project deliverables; and,
- Drafting and presenting deliverables to clients.
We are looking for a passionate team player who understands the intersection of ethics and technology, brings a strong client service mentality, believes in the power of business to drive positive impacts, and thrives in an entrepreneurial start-up environment. Specific qualifications include:
- Demonstrated expertise in ethics, technology, or responsible innovation;
- 5-7 years of experience working in consulting or in-house in multi-national companies;’
- Expertise in responsible innovation and the intersection of ethics and technology;
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred;
- Strong facilitation skills, including developing materials for and facilitating workshops with product teams;
- Proven track record of success managing internal and external client relationships;
- Previous consulting experience is preferred, but not required;
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple, disparate projects simultaneously;
- Experience in design thinking and engaging with engineering teams is preferred, but not required;
- Ability to undertake business travel about 30 percent of the time, including international travel; and
- High ethical standards, passion for ethics and human rights, and a humble, collaborative, and empathetic approach to engagements with colleagues and clients.
About Article One
Article One is a specialized strategy and management consultancy with expertise in human rights, responsible innovation, and social impact. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, we help the world’s leading companies drive transformative change that places people at the center of business. In doing so, we seek to create a world where business succeeds, and all people are free and equal in dignity and rights.
We advise companies and influential leaders across a range of industries and geographies, serving as a trusted advisor to our clients. Our services include:
- Designing and managing ethical management programs that drive transformative change for organizations and leaders, including corporate strategies and approaches to embedding ethics and human rights in product development;
- Developing and implementing human rights policies and strategies;
- Designing and embedding human rights due diligence systems, including human rights impact assessments and regulatory due diligence requirements;
- Developing communication and reporting strategies on responsible innovation, human rights, and social impact; and
- Developing social impact leadership platforms.
To apply for this job please visit www.articleoneadvisors.com.