Website Levi Strauss & Co.
Location: U.S. Remote
You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We are seeking a public policy and government relations expert to join the Corporate Affairs team to help us manage and execute public policy and stakeholder engagement initiatives to support Levi Strauss & Co’s business and enhance the company’s reputation. The Corporate Affairs team is responsible for shaping and protecting Levi Strauss & Co.’s reputation as one of the apparel industry’s top-performing, most socially responsible and values-led global brands.
The Manager, Public Policy and Advocacy will be responsible for helping to develop, manage, and execute LS&Co’s public policy advocacy and stakeholder engagement in areas including social justice, paid leave, reproductive health, gun violence prevention, and immigration. We are looking for someone who will develop and cultivate deep relationships with external stakeholders (policymakers, nonprofit partners, trade associations) to achieve public policy and government relations objectives. You generate new ideas and lead special projects across cross-functional teams. You work effectively with and develop trusted relationships with people at all levels.
- Manage and execute advocacy and stakeholder engagement strategies that advance social justice public policy issues significant to LS&Co., focusing on the areas of paid leave, reproductive health, gun violence prevention, immigration.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with U.S. and government officials globally, government agencies, relevant nonprofit organizations, trade associations serving as a strong company advocate.
- Partner with internal leaders and brand teams to identify, inform and mitigate public policy risks and opportunities.
- Manage public policy advocacy materials and compliance.
- Support overall public policy and advocacy strategies to maintain and strengthen company’s reputation and support the company’s business growth.
- Be a flexible team player and excel at working across teams and time zones to drive results
- Bachelor’s degree or 4-7 years of experience in the public and/or private sector working in public policy, government relations, and/or public affairs. Relevant experience and background in pertinent policy areas are preferred. Stakeholder management or coalition experience a plus.
- You make complex public policy recommendations based on your own analysis and translation.
- You communicate with all levels internally and externally and facilitate presentations
- You contribute to seamless project management and coordination of multiple project deadlines and action items
- You think in a strategic way to adapt in a fast work environment
- You are well-versed in current affairs and exercise a high-level of business acumen
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we’ve got you covered.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.