Location: Seattle, WA
At Starbucks, we have always believed in the importance of building a great, enduring company that balances profitability with a social conscience. We have high aspirations for the future and acquiring the right talent for our future is paramount. This company is different. We believe in being performance driven through the lens of humanity.
As a manager, Global Responsibility, you will be responsible for developing city-specific community impact strategies in collaboration with cross-functional teams to support our partners, customers, and local communities in which we operate. This role will focus on supporting key urban markets specifically where we have existing or forthcoming Community Stores.
- Driving program strategy and design: Build and execute comprehensive social impact strategy plans for specific urban markets, in partnership with cross-functional teams, to deepen local community impact beyond our Community Store presence.
- Identifying and managing community investments: Develop and manage a community investment portfolio to support key organizations that strengthen our local relationships, closely monitoring progress, impact reporting, and bringing forward opportunities for further collaboration.
- Cultivating collaborative relationships: Establish and nurture strategic partnerships with key organizations to advance social impact priorities, actively engaging with both community and internal stakeholders to further partnership goals, collaboration, and impact.
- Leading cross-functional teams across the enterprise: Establish and lead high performing cross-functional teams and engage team members in projects and programs.
- Leading others: Able to set goals and priorities for an overall working team, while focusing on developing organizational capability and modeling how we work together. Identify and communicate key responsibilities to individual partners, and promote a can-do attitude to achieve business results while driving meaningful impact. Will manage direct report(s), coaching and supporting their growth and development.
- 5+ years leading social or environmental impact programs and projects and/or leading strategy programs, projects, and cross-functional teams
- 5+ years of experience building new strategies, managing multiple complex programs, and influencing others within organizations of scale
- 5+ years of experience in developing and managing nonprofit stakeholder relationships and partnerships
- 2+ years of experience managing teams of direct reports
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing social impact and communications strategies with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to organize and manage cross-functional teams, with an ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment, work with a high level of professional maturity, and aptitude for navigating large, ambiguous, and matrixed organizations
- Demonstrated project management experience, with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal presentation skills as core requirements
- Experience clearly and concisely synthesizing and reporting on complex and diverse programs for a diverse group of audiences
- Experience with database management, mastery of Excel and PowerPoint required, with previous experience in creating executive presentations
To apply for this job please visit starbucks.taleo.net.