Website Under Armour
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Under Armour is looking for a highly motivated individual, looking for experience in a fast-paced environment, working on new and exciting climate-related disclosures, to join our team as a Manager, External Reporting, with a focus on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting. This position serves a critical accounting role and will interface with brand personnel at various levels of the Company, as well as the internal and external auditors. Primary responsibilities will include working with a cross functional team to build robust and auditable disclosures around climate-related goals and matters. This position will work with cross functional teams to understand the business, document processes and draft new disclosures surrounding climate-related results to ensure such results are being captured and reported in a timely and accurate manner in the Company’s external reports. The ideal candidate will focus on streamlining and building efficient processes as it relates to sustainability reporting. This position may also assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and special projects as needed.
- Act as the subject matter expert on the latest SEC rules as it relates to environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters; consider implications that new developments will have to the business and communicate as well as plan with internal and external stakeholders to anticipate future changes and potential outcomes
- Drawing from industry experience, this candidate will be critical in establishing strong processes to review climate-related disclosures and ensure information is accurate and in compliance with SEC and FASB standards, as applicable
- Work closely with the Under Armour sustainability team to help lead and drive change within the organization, as it relates to reporting on climate related goals and disclosures; this may require helping different functional areas to implement new business processes, data gathering, reporting and protocols
- Act as a liaison between accounting & finance, internal controls and the business to help establish proper controls around climate related disclosures
- Support management in completing special projects as assigned
- Assist with external reporting related activities, as it relates to the preparation and filing of the Company’s Form 10Q and Form 10-K
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently to research ESG related issues and recommend and implement solutions
- Enjoys delivering on complex work in a dynamic global operating environment
- Positive attitude and dependable team player willing to “roll up their shirt sleeves” to get the work done
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision and prioritize work to achieve objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 5-7+ years of recent public accounting experience or similar role at a public company, including strong SEC reporting skills
To apply for this job please visit careers.underarmour.com.