Website Waste Management
Location: Remote in the U.S.
WM, a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
The ESG Disclosure Manager supports Waste Management’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) reporting efforts and our full corporate sustainability improvement efforts across the company.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with stakeholders across the company to explore opportunities to develop and execute plans for improving WM’s ESG performance, from data collection to verification.
- Supports the completion of WM’s reporting efforts, including company reports, such as the annual sustainability report, and ESG frameworks, such as SASB, CDP, S&P Globals CSA, EcoVadis, and other reports as identified. Assess for areas of improvement for continuous improvement in our reporting.
- Prepares ongoing benchmarking research to ensure that WM’s maintains its leadership role in sustainability.
- Prepares presentations and economic business justification studies related to the opportunities to improve WM’s ESG performance.
- Prepares presentations, studies/reports, and white papers on ESG topics for use by internal and external stakeholders to communicate specific topics, projects, and programs.
- Develops expertise in topics as assigned to become the sustainability SME in multiple technical areas, providing support to internal stakeholders upon request.
- Develops and maintains internal data management and SharePoint sites that serve the sustainability team, and the entire company.
- Establishes and maintains subject matter expertise relevant to WM operations and sustainability goals, especially in areas of Climate Impact and Circularity.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Sustainability, Environmental Science, , Data Science, or related field, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Data Science, or related field preferred.
- Experience: Five (5) years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) training a plus.
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol training a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Project Management / Strategy / Consulting / Professional Services
- SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and other computer software expertise
- Knowledge of how a greenhouse gas inventory is developed and verified, and understanding of scopes 1, 2, 3 and supply chain emissions.
- Knowledge in Climate Disclosure standards (i.e. SEC, CDP, TCFD), and ESG Rating agencies format and data verification process.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wm.com.