Locations: New York, NY; Dallas, TX; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Boston, MA; and Houston, TX
A career in our Sustainability and Climate Change practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. Sustainability and climate change are at the top of the agenda for many organisations, but many are at different stages in understanding how they should respond. As part of our team, you’ll help our clients balance competing economic, social and environmental goals. Our advice goes right to the heart of policy and strategy, addressing everything from the international development policies of major donors to changing regulations and consumer preferences, to the security of supply chains, climate risk and the challenges of urbanisation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5 year(s)
Preferred Fields of Study: Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Business Communications, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainability or related field
Demonstrates intimate knowledge of and/or success in directing efforts in the following areas:
- ESG/Sustainability Strategy; Climate Risk Modeling and Management; Sustainable Finance; and/or Sustainability/ESG Reporting.
- An ability to analyse strategic, operational, risk and financial implications of sustainability trends and translate these into commercial impact;
- Data analysis and visualisation skills, comfortable working with large datasets in Excel, Alteryx and/or Tableau;
Demonstrates extensive leadership, strategic and creative thinking, problem solving, individual initiative, and the following abilities:
- Advising clients on sustainable finance related solutions;
- Developing sustainable consulting solutions and products;
- Participating in business development activities;
- Contributing to recruiting and developing ESG talent.
- Building productive and collaborative relationships with team members and proactively providing and seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback;
- Managing a team to a successful project conclusion through problem solving global, enterprise-wide strategy issues;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships;
- Communicating effectively in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats; and,
- Conducting and managing market research and quantitative and qualitative analyses, including the timely synthesis of complex data into meaningful insights, and the ability to readily grasp analytical frameworks and employ them effectively to either qualitative or quantitative evidence.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.us.pwc.com.