Website Under Armour
Location: Baltimore, MD
The Lead, Environmental Product Sustainability, reports to Director, Environmental Sustainability, and is responsible for managing environmental product sustainability program implementation and supporting product sustainability strategy, roadmap development, and planning and the transition to, and operation within, closed loop systems. The lead will provide guidance/training to Product teams and manage cross-functional partnerships to build necessary IT systems, track sustainability data, refine – and make progress toward – key sustainability program areas including circular/closed loop design and manufacturing, Materials KPIs, Product KPIs, material/product/component/raw materials/chemistry certifications, seasonal product sustainability strategy, green chemistry/chemical management strategy and GTM process. This role is also responsible for coordinating with stakeholders including those in the Product Working Group to evaluate and implement consumer-facing take-back initiatives, develop and track their sustainability KPIs. The Lead will also gather data and compose engagement and reporting content for internal and external stakeholders, including, for example, UA’s sustainability report, climate/ESG disclosures, account sell-in decks, responses to retailers’ and stakeholder inquiries on product sustainability.
- Provide guidance/training to Product teams and manage cross-functional partnerships to build necessary IT systems, track sustainability attributes, refine – and make progress toward – circular/closed loop design and manufacturing, Materials KPIs, Product KPIs, seasonal product sustainability strategy, green chemistry/ chemical management strategy and GTM process.
- Working with Director, Environmental Sustainability and cross-functional peers, co-manage Sustainability Leadership Council’s Product Working Group to ensure progress on overall Product Sustainability Strategy, as well as creating, including, as applicable, with 3rd-party consulting partners a refined Circularity roadmap and implementation plan. Will also work with and support Planet Working Group.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to evaluate and implement consumer-facing take-back initiatives, develop and track their sustainability KPIs.
- Working with Analyst, Environmental Sustainability, gather environmental data and compose content for sustainability report, sell-in decks, and responses to retailers’ and other inquiries on UA’s product sustainability.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Responsible for implementing parts of environmental sustainability budget related to overseen consulting engagement/s on product initiatives. Manages and creates dashboards, complex qualitative and quantitative analyses, and training, as well as coordination, agendas, and presentation materials for senior leadership and cross-functional meetings and projects (e.g., Sustainability Leadership Council’s Product Working Group, GTM). Implements and executes operational plans. Works with moderate weekly supervision.
- Follows and improves, but also significantly develops new procedures, frequently in work that hasn’t been done before at UA. Addresses mostly defined challenges, with some broad/ambiguous aspects, with impact on Product and Materials Development/Sourcing teams (e.g., implementing and refining drafted processes to reach KPIs within established governance structures.)
- Interacts weekly with Directors to VP level and their teams at UA, roughly monthly with leaders at partner organizations beyond UA. Responsible for sharing information, inspiring teammates, and influencing cross-functional partners, sometimes negotiating with consultants. Manages work with others both on shared and opposing interests (e.g., needs to influence expanded scope of action or alignment on shorter implementation timelines).
- Supervises contractor/s and/or graduate consultants/interns, collaborates closely with Environmental Sustainability Analyst. Provides seasonal training and guidance to Product and other teammates. Provides related coaching.
- Advanced qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; strong organization and project management; excellent verbal, written communication/PPT skills, and interpersonal skills/diplomacy and sound judgement, flexible work style.
- Significant understanding of and experience in product sustainability, circular/closed loop manufacturing and design, design, green chemistry, product creation, and production processes for apparel, footwear and equipment supply chains.
- Experience managing working groups.
- Supervisory experience.
Education And / Or Experience
- Graduate Degree focused on corporate environmental sustainability or product and sustainability, additional MBA and/or Design/Product creation education preferred (or other relevant experience)
- 6-8 years of fast-paced work in corporate environmental sustainability, related consulting, or apparel/footwear product creation
To apply for this job please visit careers.underarmour.com.