Website Access Now
Location: Berlin, Brussels, San José (CR), Tunis, Washington DC, New York
Access Now is a growing international human rights organization dedicated to defending and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world, including issues of privacy, security, freedom of expression, and transparency. Our policy, advocacy, technology, and operations teams have staff presences in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East/North Africa (MENA), North America, and South/Southeast Asia, to provide global support to our mission.
As the Investor Advocate, you will shape and implement Access Now’s investor advocacy strategy. Working closely with the Business and Human Rights Lead and the Policy and Advocacy teams, you will develop and lead our investor engagement and to help advance our mission at the intersection of technology and human rights. This position will be housed within the Policy Team and will report through the Business and Human Rights Lead.
- Engage in direct policy and advocacy actions to shape, guide, and advocate for human rights-respecting investor practices and investments to increase corporate accountability in the tech sector
- Work directly with responsible investors and investor advocates to draft shareholder resolutions, build coalitions, and lead company dialogues
- Build and maintain relationships with shareholder partners to engage shareholders in Access Now’s work
- Develop materials for investor audiences including blog posts, press releases, social media, etc.
- Conduct research into investor holdings in the tech sector, map investor networks, and develop strategies to push for accountability from both investors and tech companies around the world
- Substantive knowledge of filing shareholder resolutions and SEC workings
- 4+ years of academic/professional experience working with investors
- Resourcefulness and ability to work proactively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from a variety of disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds
- Willingness to work remotely
It’s helpful for you to have
- An understanding of human rights or ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) frameworks
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Experience working on digital rights and tech & telecom sector issues
To apply for this job please visit accessnow.bamboohr.com.