Website Whipstitch Capital
Location: Framingham, MA
Whipstitch Capital (“Whipstitch”) is the largest, independent, privately-owned, full-service investment bank in the U.S. solely focused on the “better-for-you” natural products consumer products sector. Past clients of the Whipstitch team include Thayers (sold to L’Oréal), KeVita (sold to PepsiCo), Spindrift, Country Archer, Uqora (sold to Pharmavite, Blake’s All Natural Foods, Essentia Water, Swerve (sold to Whole Earth Brands), Yasso, Core Nutrition (sold to Keurig Dr. Pepper), and more. Whipstitch provides advisory services in the areas of mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”), private placements and strategic advisory to leading consumer brands, financial investors and strategic investors and acquirers. Over the past 12 years, the Whipstitch team has closed more than 120 transactions and has averaged well over ten transactions per year over the past few years.
Whipstitch seeks a quick-learning, highly motivated team-player with a proven track record of academic and quantitative skills excellence and leadership. Passion for health, wellness and sustainability is a must as it is core to the mission of the companies with which Whipstitch works. Analysts will receive unmatched opportunities to learn and grow professionally, including the opportunity to touch all aspects of deals, from the initial pitch to close.
- Exceptionally strong Excel skills: Ability to build, update and maintain accurate, flawless financial models and financial analysis
- Financial knowledge: Ability to perform various valuation methodologies and strong understanding of the financial statements
- Data-focused: Ability to synthesize, interpret and summarize large datasets quickly and without error
- Strong PowerPoint skills: Ability to create and develop materials to be used in pitches, investor presentations and industry events
- Detail oriented: Ability to perform industry research and analyze specific trends and companies
- Self-motivated: Ability to handle multiple clients and tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and constantly think about how to be both proactive and to follow-up
- Intellectually curious: Ability to learn quickly and ask the right questions when unsure
- Wellness: Passion for better-for-you consumer brands and wellness lifestyle
- Humility: No ego, no entitlement, and the recognition that no person can be the “best” at anything
- Team player: Ability to work directly with client senior management teams, board members, stakeholders, and buyers throughout all phases of transaction advisory and execution – no ego allowed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum one year of investment banking or equivalent experience (Big Four Accounting, M&A Transaction Diligence, Restructuring, Corporate Development, Consulting, etc.)
- Please do not apply if you are still in college or if this would be your first job out of college. It will reflect negatively on you if you do so.
- Whipstitch Capital requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.