Website Delta Air Lines
Location: Atlanta, GA
Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is the U.S. global airline leader in safety, innovation, reliability and customer experience. Powered by our employees around the world, Delta has for a decade led the airline industry in operational excellence while maintaining our reputation for award-winning customer service. With our mission of connecting the people and cultures of the globe, Delta strives to foster understanding across a diverse world and serve as a force for social good. In this role, the right candidate will work closely with the SVP, Chief Sustainability Officer & Corporate Innovation and extended team, as well as our internal cross-functional partners to develop and deliver outcomes that align with Delta’s global short and long-term business strategy. To be successful, this role will need to operate at the senior levels within Delta. The position will have responsibility for driving Board and C-Suite level priorities while overseeing partnership opportunities to meet our long-term objectives.
This is a newly created leadership position responsible for building a strategic vision for Delta’s Sustainability & Corporate Innovation efforts.
- Lead the development and activation of a world-class strategy in support of Delta’s Sustainability & Corporate Innovation efforts.
- Help set the vision and define the overall sustainability and corporate innovation strategy for the company from launch to scale, including long-term goals to achieve consistent results and growth
- Identify, recommend, and deliver strategies, plans, ideas, and partnership opportunities to maximize Delta’s Sustainability & Corporate Innovation goals, as well as shareholder value
- Work collaboratively with executive and senior management across divisions to identify and define the most essential strategic opportunities and challenges
- Direct cross-functional teams to develop and maintain views of important industry trends, market dynamics, competitive benchmarking and indices to affirm or alter strategies as necessary
- Partner across executive and divisional leadership to develop and execute cross functional and divisional strategies and plans
- Distill key strategic themes, ideas, and opportunities into tangible executable, plans and initiatives
- Steer multiple key initiatives by providing guidance on how to define, accelerate, track and monitor results
- Maintain responsibility for deliverables and timelines, shifting priorities as needed and managing stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Support preparation of agendas / topics / materials for Board and other executive meetings in conjunction with other business leaders
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Responsive and agile in a fast-paced, highly visible environment
- Master’s Degree in Business or equivalent years of experience
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in developing and executing strategic planning or larger scale / cross-functional program management.
- Ability to work effectively with senior leadership on C-Suite and Board topics to drive change and achieve strategic goals.
- Executive presence to be an effective agent of change, leading through influence and vision across the enterprise translating the strategic plan into tangible and easily understood goals.
- Experience researching external trends, sources, information to form perspectives / points of view / recommendations given quickly changing or ambiguous topics
- Self-starter, demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security of self and others a priority
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- 10+ years of experience in large scale strategy development in areas of new technology, innovation, industry transformation
- Experience with sustainability subjects such as carbon accounting, ESG, stakeholder engagement, and systems solutions
To apply for this job please visit delta.avature.net.