Website FIFA World Cup 2026
Location: Miami, Florida (Hybrid)
Reporting organizationally to the Director of Sustainability and Human Rights, the Head of Environment will be a key member of the FIFA26 Sustainability team, and work in close collaboration with the FIFA Sustainability team and other key individuals responsible for deliver the most engaging, innovative, and accessible World Cup experience for all athletes, fans, partners, and the community.
- Collaborate cross-functional across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee the delivery of the environmental pillar of the FIFA World Cup 2026 Sustainability & Human Rights Strategy by the local team
- Support the Director of Sustainability & Human Rights with the sustainability event management system (SEMS) for the tournament
- Manage the Environmental Forum for the FIFA World Cup 2026 and ensure productive relationships with each of the Environmental Focal Points representing each Host City and each Stadium
- Oversee the delivery of FIFA’s environmental requirements from Host Cities and stadiums via the Host City Environmental Plan and reporting as well as make connections to ensure that existing synergies are explored
- Ensure productive working relationships and synergies with all the relevant stakeholders such as other FIFA functional areas, government entities, FIFA’s Commercial Affiliates, multilateral development institutions, NGOs and local communities
- Support the Director of Sustainability & Human Rights with the development of and integration of environmental and criteria and standards into tournament policies, processes, procedures, guidelines and other tools across FWC26 Inc.
- Support the Director of Sustainability & Human Rights with managing environmental related communication matters
- Assists in planning and coordinating of meetings, workshops and site visits
- Supports the delivery of the tournament’s Sustainability Reporting on the environmental pillar throughout the project.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one of the following: sustainability, environmental studies or similar field
- Post-graduate degree(s) for the above areas is an asset
- Minimum 8 years of experience in management of complex, multi-stakeholder environmental sustainability projects, with at least three years of experience in the United States and preferably also in Canada and Mexico;
- Familiarity with and/or experience in working within the frameworks of sustainability event management systems such as ISO 20121 (Event Sustainability Management Systems – Requirements with guidance for use);
- Knowledge of and/or experience in working with international standards and conventions such as the AA1000 Stakeholder Engagement Standard, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change – Sports for Climate Action Framework, GHG Protocol, and green-building certification schemes;
- Concrete experience in working on topics such as climate change related solutions, sustainable building certification, sustainable waste management strategies, water management, energy, pollution, biodiversity and environmental justice;
- Experience in reporting against international standards such as Global Reporting Initiative sustainability reporting standards;
- Experience in managing a multi-cultural team and in working across countries remotely;
- Proven track-record in fostering, building and maintaining relationships with bodies of experts and/or stakeholders;
- Experience in integrating environmental requirements in processes and procedures across an organisation’s business
To apply for this job please visit atsconnector.prospective.ch.