Location: New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; or Washington, DC
At Uber, not only are we fundamentally changing mobility for riders, but we’re disrupting car ownership for drivers, too! We believe that the future is electric and we will play an important role in driving EV adoption.
We made a bold commitment to be a zero-emission platform in US, Canada and Europe by 2030. As part of our roadmap to zero emissions, we have been tirelessly working on product improvements, operational initiatives and partnerships. For example, in partnership with Hertz, we will add 50,000 Tesla Model 3s to our platform by 2023.
Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure is a critical component of our strategy and we are looking for someone to define our strategy and lead this initiative. Your role will be to understand the current charging ecosystem, the challenges Uber drivers face in accessing charging infrastructure and then create a strategy and execution roadmap. You will work with OEMs, charging infrastructure companies, financiers and other players in the ecosystem. We are looking for an exceptional individual who can apply a first-principles approach to shape and execute our electrification strategy.
- Lead the EV charging infrastructure program including defining the strategy, roadmap, budget and KPIs
- Bring the best of Uber’s product, operations, and technology to improve the charging experience for drivers
- Execute on the roadmap, continuously testing hypothesis and refining your approach
- Recommend and manage all partnerships for charging infrastructure
- Use Uber data to identify charging demand at a geo-spatial level
- Work closely cross-functional teams including Product, Business Development, Marketing and Policy
- Ensure that Uber Earners get the best prices, experience and network
- Bridge our EV infrastructure into the future by making it accessible for our autonomous vehicle partners
- 8+ years experience of entrepreneurial, investment banking, consulting, business intelligence, or related experience
- Experience in the electric vehicle infrastructure arena
- A Master’s degree or an MBA is helpful
- Outstanding problem-solving skills grounded in data and customer insights
- Ability and experience in managing complex partnerships with contending priorities
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently, with strong organization and time management skills
To apply for this job please visit www.uber.com.