Location: Everett, WA (and Remote, US)
We are seeking a proven corporate Sustainability leader to take our philanthropic, volunteer and Sustainability reporting to the next level to deliver lasting impact in our communities and for our stakeholders. In this role, you will coordinate the company’s Community Impact programs and be responsible for executing and continuously improving Fortive’s global community impact strategy and key programs, including the annual Day of Caring, Fortive Foundation, and Fortive Scholarship Program. You will own cultivation and management of strategic partnerships, defining and tracking impact metrics, and public reporting of community impacts. This role has a high level of visibility with senior leaders, employees, teams across the company, and external partners; therefore, a mature, professional presence is essential.
As a member of the corporate Sustainability team, you will report to the Senior Director, Global Sustainability and work collaboratively with team members and our many partners. You will collaborate with the Senior Director, leaders, and teams across the company to produce and publish the annual Sustainability Report to communicate Fortive’s commitment, performance, and contributions that accelerate progress toward a sustainable future. This role is pivotal to creating best-in-class Sustainability communications that serve and anticipate the needs of our business and key stakeholders, and we are looking for someone who is customer-centric and committed to continuous improvement.
YOU are a team player, nimble in balancing strategic and tactical elements of the role, share and value Fortive’s commitment to excellence and continuous improvement, and bring relevant Sustainability expertise, exceptional communication skills, and prior experience with Sustainability reporting, communications, and engagement at a publicly traded company!
- Manage the Fortive Foundation, including developing and executing the foundation’s annual plan as well as overseeing the charitable contribution award processes; Coordinate Day of Caring champions across the company to support local community organizations through volunteerism.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners, including community leaders, non-profit organizations, employee teams, and other businesses, to promote collaboration and positive community impact.
- Establish metrics measuring impact and value on community investments, involvement, and programs, inclusive of conducting impact and return assessments/analysis, measuring the value of investment, and assessing how the strategy supports business objectives.
- Manage the Fortive Scholarship Program, including the program partner relationship, and all related communications, in partnership with Human Resources and Communications.
- Develop and continuously improve Fortive’s annual ESG disclosures, ensuring alignment to ESG reporting frameworks, including GRI, SASB, TCFD, CDP, the UNGC, and UN SDGs; monitor and incorporate ESG and Sustainability regulations, trends, and evolving expectations among key stakeholder audiences into the company’s Sustainability strategy.
- Support operating companies with responses to customer and investor ESG-related inquiries; develop and maintain FAQs and/or related tools to streamline and enable self-service.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g., Communications, Sustainability, Investor Relations, Economics, Finance) AND at least 5 years of Community Impact and/or Sustainability experience, ideally in a corporate or corporate-facing setting.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with different teams and functions; customer obsession is critical.
- Experience establishing and managing relationships with internal partners and external customers to build durable and mutually beneficial partnerships, deliver results, and report value and impacts; comfortable and confident relationship building in hybrid environments.
- Proficiency with ESG-related standards and frameworks including GRI, SASB, TCFD, CSRD, CDP.
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to simplify complex topics for lay audiences, executive decision makers, investors, and senior-level audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver high-quality work products on time and within/under budget.
- Proven project management capabilities, including budget analysis, KPI management, status reporting, issue management, and obstacle resolution.
What will help you succeed:
- Exceptional communication and business writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply ESG policy and regulatory requirements to strategy and execution within a business setting.
- A genuine interest in ESG and/or Sustainability subject matter and a desire to learn more.
- A growth mindset and willingness to ask questions, simple or hard.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy and resourcefulness.
- Adaptability and ability to thrive in a hybrid and/or remote environment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fortive.com.