Location: Battle Creek, MI or Naperville, IL. Additional international locations listed below.
As the Global Sustainability Business Partner for Natural Resources, you will lead through sustainability strategies in support of the Kellogg Company sustainability commitments and programs. With your expertise you will provide guidance and execution for initiatives with Kellogg Company Globally in Regions, Environmental Health and Safety, Engineering, Procurement, industry groups, support functions and related areas.
With passion you will build and implement comprehensive natural resource conservation strategy for Kellogg worldwide as both subject matter expert and key influencer. You will lead development and recommendations to deliver sustainability commitments, including energy, greenhouse gas (GHG), waste and water reduction, and alternative energy throughout the supply chain.
Role can be located in a number of locations: U.S. (Battle Creek, MI & Naperville, IL), Querétaro – Mexico, Dublin – Ireland and Manchester – UK, Bucharest
- Global Sustainability Strategy Development: Develop, lead, and execute comprehensive global NRC strategies for supply chain performance in climate, greenhouse gas (scope 1 & 2 emissions), renewable energy, electricity, water, and waste conversation. Understand and communicate constraints and potential. Implement holistic strategies considering financial, growth, operational, and business strategy implications. Lead global NRC strategy progress in line with Kellogg’s Better Days global purpose platform and corporate ESG priorities. Align corporate goals and strategies with emerging industry expectations and innovations. Identify and close gaps in Kellogg’s NRC and climate strategies, designing work streams to provide Kellogg with analysis, strategic insights, and recommendations to inform future ESG investments in material issue areas. Determine levers to sustain and improve our position over time.
- NRC Program Leadership and Management: Lead the program development, management, and analysis of Kellogg’s global NRC programs for priority areas including climate, GHG, renewable energy, water, and waste, including direct investment in programs and continuous improvement initiatives. Negotiate key elements of partnerships for project viability and sustainability. Build strategic and technical capabilities with NRC KWS COE staff across regional teams, connecting them with tools, trainings, and industry forums. Advise regional Procurement teams, including Responsible Sourcing and Category Managers, on material sustainability issues for priority ingredient categories, supporting category strategy development and supplier engagement. Advise development of time-bound work plans for NRC KWS COE members to meet Kellogg sustainability commitments, while meeting commercial requirements. Lead the CDP survey management, including content creation and review, standard work design and training for data collection, coordination with third-party verification.
- Commercial Activation: Provide technical and strategic guidance to brand teams and customers for activations to NRC and Kellogg’s investment in NRC. Advise on technical requirements for sustainability activations, including third-party environmental claims verification, industry standards for NRC, and implementation requirements for credible programs to substantiate commercial claims.
- External Representation & Communication: Build and review NRC content for annual Global ESG reports, formalizing results from NRC programs against Kellogg’s global sustainability commitments, to support external sustainability reporting. Write original content for video scripts, internal and external blogs, news releases, and other external assets across a variety of external communications channels, translating key messages about Kellogg’s NRC programs to reach many audiences from consumers, to shareholders, to external subject matter experts. Lead strategic digital communications partnerships to set communications strategy and goals for NRC programs. Design and deliver communications trainings to Kellogg team members, including Supply Chain, Procurement and Customer teams. Kellogg’s NRC programs in external fora and promotional videos. Manage data, reporting, and third-party endorsement regarding NRC in industry sustainability/ESG surveys. Monitor ESG progress relative to peers and customers and support performance rankings in third-party ESG platforms (CDP, World Benchmarking Alliance, DJSI, GRI, SASB, Behind the Brands, Know the Chain, customer surveys, etc.).
- Knowledge Sharing and Capability Building: Lead Kellogg’s participation in industry groups, working groups and roundtables. Lead internal and external global reporting on Kellogg’s NRC programs. Develop, lead, and execute training events on sustainability / NRC programs, and risks for colleagues, building internal capability across Supply Chain, Procurement, Corporate Affairs, Wellbeing, Brand, and Sales teams. Escalate to appropriate Kellogg resources if support is required to address challenges, including ingredient quality, procurement, food safety, internal operations, etc. Ensure appropriate internal and external resources for issue resolution, including all varieties of supply chain interruptions and project challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Sustainability, Environmental Science or related field preferred (i.e. Sustainable Business, Environmental Engineering) plus 8+ years of industry experience (corporate, NGO, regulatory, etc.). Familiarity with industry standards, tools, metrics, and partners for multiple sustainability topic areas.
- Strong leadership, planning skills.
- Strong understanding of business financial realities and what drives success in the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management within Kellogg’s and across external stakeholders.
- Experience managing complex reporting requirements such as annual corporate responsibility reporting
To apply for this job please visit jobs.kellogg.com.