Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
About the Role:
- Perform analyses and literature reviews to evaluate the overall quality of forest carbon projects (including their carbon accounting) and provide written summaries of your findings and conclusions
- Own project data management, ingestion, and upload
- Communicate evaluation and monitoring results with internal stakeholders
- Perform Pachama quarterly monitoring of forest projects including analyzing data, deriving insights, uploading data and results, and communicating details
- Provide input for cross-functional partners designing new products and analytical tooling
Experience & Skills we are looking for:
- At least two years of work or independent study in geospatial data for forest ecosystems
- Bachelors in forest ecology, forestry, or geography
- Knowledge of forest carbon methodologies and carbon principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication and visual presentation skills
- Familiarity with field inventory data collection and processing a plus
- Experience coding in Python a plus
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.