Location: Paris, France
As our Food & Agriculture Sector Lead, you will be responsible for defining and executing the sector strategy for the market in France & Benelux. You will ensure operational excellence and business development in the sector.
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 200+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop. Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your business development and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced, entrepreneurial, and motivated sustainability professional and a clear strategic thinker looking for a big opportunity to work with top sustainability leaders and experts.
- You have proven experience in working on strategy (how to define a strategy, what to look for, market understanding…).
- You’ll get boosted by a fast-paced and diverse role: defining the sector strategy for France, helping the teams acquire new accounts and effectively sell Quantis sustainability consulting services, delivering environmental sustainability consulting services for our clients.
- You have a deep understanding of the sustainability market dynamics in the food & agriculture sector and can develop insights and solutions adapted to our clients’ specific needs and objectives.
- You have a very good knowledge in and a strong passion for the food sector, including project sales and execution.
- You have a good understanding of sectoral technical aspects (data, Land Use Change, agricultural challenges…) to be able to understand the underlying issues and support/guide internal efforts to find solutions
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch.
- You have project management skills and are able to lead coordination efforts around key challenges
- You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing and can represent Quantis externally
- You have a consultative approach working with clients.
- You are strong in peer leadership and able to empower teams without direct authority.
- You are fluent in English and French.
- For 5+ years, you’ve been sharpening your strategy, project and business development skills in the food & agriculture sector.
- You’ve got a successful track record in building and deploying strategy in a similar top private sector consultancy/professional services firm in sustainability and/or in NGOs/industry associations.
- You have a degree in business, marketing, environment, or similar discipline.
- You’ll be a preferred candidate if you have a Master’s degree in a related discipline.
- Perform market watch and review frequently to support the strategy development: major players, our positioning, new trends…
- Together with the Group Sector Strategy Lead, define the long term vision for the food and agriculture sector, backed up by a yearly strategy, action plan, budget and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Execute the strategy, action plans for the French market and track progress for the various OKRs defined throughout the year and correct course and strategy if needed.
- Define services positioning and pricing and develop new service opportunities to accelerate business transformation and answer new needs.
- Adapt the food & agriculture sector structure and organisation based on the market needs (key topics, services, projects, etc.)
- Coordinate with Service Leads, Experts, Business Development/Account Managers, Marketing, etc.
- Identify and confirm availability (capacity + fit) of branch teams for opportunities and projects in the sector in the markets in question
- Continuously discuss with the other branch food sector leads the teams’ bandwidth to deliver projects within the sector, assessing ability to staff and subcontract projects, communicating hiring needs as identified.
- Ensure the ability to provide expert support across branches for all relevant topics and projects within the sector.
Marketing & External Positioning:
- Understand branch marketing needs and pull together in a cohesive marketing plan, in collaboration with Marketing & Communications, for the common activities that can be conducted at the branch level.
- In collaboration with Marketing & Communications, develop and execute plans for marketing in the sector, creating materials as needed (templates, case studies, etc.)
- Be the “external face of Quantis” in the sector (e.g., conference talks, webinars, articles, etc.)
- Coordinate with business developers on the follow-ups from these different initiatives and track KPIs related to marketing initiatives (number of leads, number of projects, …)
To Thrive in the Quantis Culture, You’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
To apply for this job please visit quantis-intl.com.