Location: Remote, New York, Boston, San Francisco, or Washington, DC
Salary: 55,000 – 62,000 USD
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
About EDF+Business: We believe companies, communities and the environment can thrive in unison – and we’re making it happen by forging unexpected partnerships that catalyze environmental leadership and collaboration across companies and supply chains. We combine cutting-edge science, economic expertise and unexpected partnerships to help high-impact companies – including BP, Legal & General Investment Management, Lyft and Sephora – transform business as usual.
Sitting within EDF+Business and reporting to the Director of Investor Influence, the ESG Senior Analyst will play a central role conducting research, analysis and the development of communications aimed at investors and financial institutions. This team seeks to drive climate progress by leveraging the financial sector’s power, product offerings, and the regulatory landscape to consistently demand and support rigorous corporate net zero targets, plans and investments, while backing the public policies necessary to accelerate action.
You will be a key team player in developing thought leadership for EDF’s new investor insights platform, which intends to equip the financial community with the independent analysis and tools needed to manage climate risk, assess opportunities, and accelerate urgent action in the sectors that matter most.
- As a member of the EDF+Business Investor Influence team, the position’s responsibilities will include:
- Compiling data and performing timely in-house analysis on carbon-intensive sectors and global banks.
- Leveraging analysis to develop actionable insights and recommendations that investors can use in evaluating and engaging with companies in carbon-intensive sectors.
- Translating complex, technical subject matter into language that resonates with and helps drive desired behavior by investor audiences.
- Authoring reports and developing associated communications content such as blogs, digital/social media, reporter memos, infographics, etc.
- Developing and presenting findings to investors through briefing calls, webinars, workshops and conferences.
- Building and maintaining an internal knowledge hub to house the growing body of analytical work related to EDF’s Investor Influence work.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
We are seeking candidates who have a demonstrated ability to conduct rigorous research and analysis in sustainable finance or a closely related field. Candidates must have exceptional problem-solving skills, work independently, and be able to ensure consistency and quality of research products. You should also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in sustainability, finance or a related field with 4 years of professional experience; or Master’s degree with at least 2 years experience.
- Demonstrated interest in climate change and the financial sector.
- Excellent research and analytical skills and an interest in performing rigorous quantitative analysis in support of highly visible work.
- Some familiarity with the banking industry and the evolving climate commitments among global financial institutions a plus.
- Willingness to take initiative and able to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, to manage projects and participate in research efforts.
- Keen attention to detail to ensure consistency and quality of outputs.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other office productivity software.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python or R a plus.
- Expert writing and editing skills targeted at financial sector audiences.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- Ability to support a multi-disciplinary team, using independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.edf.org.