Location: Redmond, WA
The Responsible Sourcing (RS) team is accountable for the environmental, health and safety, human rights, ethics, sustainability and security impacts of our supply chain. We are looking for a motivated and experienced manager to join our team, to lead our Devices supply chain sustainability strategy.
This role, based in Redmond WA, is directly responsible for developing and managing the sustainability strategy towards Microsoft’s ambitious 2030 and 2050 carbon goals, driving workstreams accruing towards the strategy, and collaborating with leaders across the organization to develop scalable programs and tools. This position provides a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many.
- Lead carbon reduction strategy development for the supply chain, working with leads across business and corporate teams to drive the strategy roadmap and prioritize actions to accelerate our progress towards Microsoft’s 2030 carbon goals
- Identify business investment priorities to scale carbon reduction and manage carbon targets with suppliers
- Lead carbon forecasting efforts in collaboration with the life cycle asseyayssment teams, accruing to corporate goals
- Collaborate with sustainability teams across Microsoft to streamline and standardize communications, training and capability building, and implement effective communication and reporting plans
- Provide insights into best practices and improvement opportunities for environmental sustainability across the supply chain, report on progress and opportunities to the senior leadership team
- Research and implement global sustainability related policies, regulations, standards, literature
- Successfully integrate within a broader organization of experienced and highly motivated compliance, human rights and sustainability experts
- Seven or more years of relevant experience in managing environmental sustainability programs with diverse stakeholders
- Strong experience in effectively designing and implementing programs requiring cross-group collaboration and implied authority
- Understanding of product life cycle assessments, GHG protocol, carbon accounting and related ISO standards such as ISO 14064 A high level of enthusiasm, creativity, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and effectiveness as a team player with experience of leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to drive in a fast paced, high pressure environment Strong leadership skills and proven ability to drive change
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English and executive communication
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Sustainability Science, Business, or other related disciplines
- Knowledge of IT and consumer electronics industry
- Ability to travel 25% internationally
- Consulting &/or auditing experience
- Master’s degree or higher preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.