Location: Any Quantis location
At Quantis, we believe in the strategic stake of quality, not only in our client projects but also in everything that we do from how we communicate/share information/data to how we follow the right processes to ensure optimum collaboration. The Quality of client projects, such as footprinting, communications, strategic framework, is of course a strong focus of our Quality standards and is one of our key differentiating factors. Some common principles are already in place (such as Technical Control and Quality Control guidelines and process) and we are now willing to further develop a common understanding and objectives regarding quality at Quantis-level and their systematic implementation to harmonize the expected level of quality.
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. And, you’ll get to work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders across Quantis’ ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 200+ talents (and growing!) that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our team members can give you the inside scoop. Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your scientific expertise and consulting skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re an experienced and motivated sustainability professional with a scientific background looking for a big opportunity to infuse a culture of quality that ensures Quantisians focus on being efficient and impactful in the way we work.
- For 3+ years you’ve been sharpening your footprinting and Quality Control skills, preferably in a similar consulting environment with hands-on experience in various LCA projects.
- You’re able to support coordination efforts around key challenges.
- You’re fully fluent in English (and French will be a big asset).
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in science or engineering.
- You’re experienced with SimaPro (understanding of other major LCA softwares such as Gabi would be a plus)
- You have proven experience dealing with the Ecoinvent database and/or other major databases (such as EF database, Gabi database, Agrifootprint, etc.).
- You have a good understanding of best practices in consulting and passion for quality.
- You have a pedagogic approach working with colleagues; you’re able to transfer them your skills and knowledge.
- You have excellent leadership and peer engagement skills to get buy-in from teams and to motivate them.
- You have a deep operational understanding of the sustainability environment, with a strong general knowledge of a wide range of environmental topics.
- You’re a curious person by nature, willing to continuously learn and develop.
- You have the eye for detail needed to quickly identify problems and mistakes.
- You have a critical mindset needed to challenge ideas and encourage colleagues to think differently, when needed.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule. Your analytical and organizational skills are top-notch.
- You communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Have a good understanding of all issues related to quality of the project deliverables across branches, services and sectors and support the Senior Quality Coordinator to harmonize the expected level of quality.
- Identify, anticipate and analyse problem areas related to quality, propose and implement winning solutions/strategies to achieve a higher level of quality across the group.
- Act as a team member on client projects, as needed, and perform Technical Control and Quality Control.
- Reinforce project teams’ ownership over the quality of the deliverables
- Capture relevant information to feed quality monitoring of the services delivered by the different branches
- Contribute to the mapping of strengths and weaknesses of different branches in terms of quality (available resources, existing procedures, implemented tools); identify and communicate on best practices
- Contribute to the development of the quality guidelines and ensure that quality procedures are being applied across the group
- Contribute to the development and implementation of relevant tools/practices/processes/metrics/KPIs that provide a holistic view of how to improve quality of deliverables; ensure their systematic use by all Quantisians through a proper change management process
- Contribute to systemization of clients’ feedback (related to quality) collection through satisfaction surveys and feedback sharing with the teams
- Working with Branch Talent, Development and Operations Leads, help ensure quality culture is adopted by newcomers throughout onboarding, coordinate their training in quality expectations and procedures
- Working with Learning & Development, contribute to the design of adequate trainings depending on the needs identified and deliver the trainings to the teams.
While you are supporting the Senior Quality Coordinator for the implementation of processes, interaction with the teams and design & delivery of new training modules, you will also work closely with and mentored by the current Scientific Director (Sebastien Humbert).
To Thrive in Quantis Culture, You’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
To apply for this job please visit quantis-intl.com.