Website Maryland Energy Administration
Location: Baltimore, MD
Join the Maryland Energy Administration (MEA) as we transform energy for the State of Maryland. Through the Strategic Energy Investment Fund and the Maryland Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard (RPS), you will have an opportunity to work on the cutting edge of shaping and implementing Maryland’s clean energy policies. MEA is looking for the best and the brightest people to join the team that has made Maryland one of the nation’s leaders in clean, affordable and reliable energy.
Energy Specialists are the first tier of Maryland’s activities in expanding clean energy in Maryland, promoting energy affordability and encouraging reliability and resiliency. Energy Specialists conduct a wide array of grants administration, data analysis, research, communications and other activities in support of the MEA’s program and policy activities. Energy Specialists provide ongoing front line support across a number of energy technologies and disciplines. Each Specialist will typically support three to six program, technology or policy areas (e.g., solar, geothermal, resiliency) enabling a diversity of career growth and knowledge expansion.
This is an entry level position requiring a high level of organization, common sense, professional communication skills, and attention to detail in a collaborative team environment. Energy Specialists may be responsible for, but not limited to, the below:
- Reviewing, receiving, processing grant and rebate applications including customer information and data;
- Responding to public and customer inquiries regarding energy programs, policies and issues;
- Providing fundamental quality control and implementing opportunities for process improvement;
- Conducting financial and statistical analysis including graphically displaying data from a variety of sources public sources including MEA’s salesforce customer management system, key public databases and other sources as available;
- Writing web content, blogs and program announcements and assisting with program outreach and marketing;
- Representing MEA in various venues (e.g., virtual and in person conferences);
- Identifying and tracking relevant trends in energy technologies, policies and funding opportunities;
- Support emergency management and energy assurance functions on a periodic basis;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and events.
Education: An associates degree from an accredited college or university. Direct experience and relevant demonstrated proficiency may be substituted at a rate exceeding two years for every year of traditional post secondary academic schooling.
Experience: This is an entry level position
- Experience with clean energy, energy efficiency or similar subjects;
- Experience with, and be at ease in, meeting and interacting with the general population as well as with co-workers in a professional environment; positive customer service experience a plus;
- Analytical acumen with which to understand financial and energy related statistical data;
- Excellent written and oral skills, well organized and able to meet deadlines, and the ability to work well with both internal staff and external parties;
- Experience with and a command of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of and experience with the google business suite (G Suite) is a plus;
- Knowledge of and experience with database applications (such as Access or SalesForce) is a plus.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by email with “Energy Specialist” in the subject line to Jobs.MEA@maryland.gov. Candidates receive notification of receipt; however, only the top candidates will be invited to interview for the position.
Salary: Approximately $27 hourly commensurate with experience. This is a State contractual position with partial benefits.
To apply for this job please visit energy.maryland.gov.