Website Oregon Department of Energy
Location: Salem, OR
Limited duration positions are benefit eligible positions with a designated maximum length of service. This position is expected to last through June 30, 2025 but could end at any time or depending on funding could be extended or become permanent.
WORKING AT ODOE
At the Oregon Department of Energy, we’re driven by our vision to lead Oregon to a safe, equitable, clean, and sustainable future. We take this responsibility seriously, with a commitment to challenging work that makes a difference in the lives of Oregonians. We’re looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about making change through public service. We want people who get excited about new ideas, seeing projects through, and being part of a team. With about a ninety staff, our agency is made better through strong collaboration and communication. We recognize each other’s talents, respect each other’s diversity, and count on each other’s word. And we have fun working together on behalf of the state. Energy is one of the most important, fastest-moving issues in Oregon today. Come join our team and work on dynamic issues that affect current and future generations of Oregonians.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will plan, direct, and manage the incentives section within the Energy Development Services Division and provide leadership and supervision for staff in programs that include the Solar Rebate Program, the Wildfire Program, and the Community Renewable Investment Program, as well as other legacy incentive programs. Additionally, you will accomplish department objectives by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and developing employees; and managing employee performance. You will also provide leadership and guidance in the development and implementation of policy, strategic planning, long and short-range plans, goals, and objectives, and budget preparation, consistent with the agency’s mission and goals.
Three years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation.
Two years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation;
45-48 quarter hours (30-32 semester hours) of graduate level coursework in management.
Three years of professional experience as a program/project leader, assigning and reviewing work of professional staff (e.g., engineers, etc.) including project responsibility for developing goals and objectives, project evaluation, and monitoring and controlling or preparing a budget.
In the “Work History” section on your application, you must clearly describe your experience in each of the a), b), c), d) areas listed. Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration.
- Strong commitment to professional and ethical standards, with an ability to think and act strategically and use diplomacy and discretion and offer sound judgment.
- Demonstrates the ability to build trusted relationships with stakeholders, leadership, boards and commissions and internal partners.
- Strong commitment to ensuring equitable access to incentive programs.
- Experience with directly supervising others; including planning, organizing, directing, staffing, and coordinating day-to-day activities.
- Experience in grant, rebate, or tax credit programs.
- Experience developing and analyzing (proposed and adopted) statutes, rules and/or manuals.
- Proven multi-tasking skills and the ability to manage many projects with competing and varying deadlines at once and successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to review the work of others with effective feedback skills.
To apply for this job please visit oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.