The Director, Municipal Consulting leads the Municipal Technical Assistance and Consulting work of Elevate’s National Strategic Engagement Team. This position requires developing and and providing technical assistance for municipalities across the Midwest to obtain federal funding for climate and racial equity initiatives. The role involves multiple strategic partners and a variety of government and philanthropic funders. This position requires coordination, management, and oversight of multiple concurrent federal initiatives that have a variety of short- and long-term client engagements. These engagements will utilize a core team as well as bring in expertise from across Elevate and key strategic partners to deliver quality technical assistance and consulting services for municipalities.
The Director, Municipal Consulting reports directly to the Vice President, National Strategic Engagement. This position is located in the Midwest and is currently remote.
- Center the lives and voices of economically disadvantaged and Black, Brown, and Indigenous people and communities.
- Support and amplify community-led efforts to protect land and housing rights and to build resiliency in the Midwest region.
- Build partnerships between local government and community stakeholders that advance climate and racial equity.
- Build trust and cultivate relationships that align with mission-oriented projects, supporting and redirecting resources to those who are most impacted by climate change.
- Develop funding proposals for federal opportunities on climate and racial equity.
- Develop an innovation hub to provide technical assistance to municipalities.
- Craft, implement, and support adoption of methods to increase community power.
- Lead development and launch projects at the intersection of Elevate’s mission and the needs of local communities.
- Coordinate with and support market managers in the startup and implementation of new programs and projects.
- Advocate for policies that support housing, environmental, and racial justice.
- Stay current on local policies and initiatives related to housing accessibility and affordability, energy and water efficiency, and climate resiliency.
- Coordinate across Elevate teams and partners on projects and support delivery of projects/programs.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant lived experience required
- Master’s degree and/or relevant lived experience in related field or additional relevant education preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in energy efficiency, climate resiliency, equity, or related work
- Experience successfully managing projects on time and on budget
- Skilled in listening and amplifying the voices and vision of the community
- Experience developing and coordinating values-driven, community-rooted programming
- Ability to foster meaningful and authentic relationships that are supportive and inclusive.
- Comfortable navigating change and uncertainty
- Ability to make connections and see the broader business ecosystem
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as facilitate collaboration and accountability
- Commitment to Elevate’s mission and racial equity statement
- Willingness to travel as required
Elevate seeks to create a just and equitable world in which everyone has clean and affordable heat, power, and water in their homes and communities — no matter who they are or where they live. Our programs, policy agenda, and partners reflect this commitment.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
The total compensation for this position includes health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.), defined contribution benefit (401k with contribution), professional development, generous paid time off policies, and a flexible schedule. This is an exempt people manager position with a salary range of $110,000 – $120,000, based on experience.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Director, Municipal Consulting ” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit www.elevatenp.org.