Website Calvin Klein
Location: New York, NY
The Director, Product Sustainability, will drive execution, enabling the development of sustainable products from seasonal inception to final marketing and storytelling. The Director will focus on the environmental sustainability of the raw materials we source, driving our strategy and targets around creation of more sustainable products. The role will also include supporting the implementation of Calvin Klein’s strategy on increasing the supply chain transparency and traceability of raw materials, conducting environmental impact review of new product and material sustainability technologies and innovations.
The Director will report to the Vice President, Sustainability and will collaborate closely with key internal partners, including Raw Materials, Product Development, Innovation, Design, Merchandising and Marketing as well as external stakeholders.
- Lead roadmap creation and drive the implementation of Calvin Klein’s product and materials sustainability strategy and initiatives, in partnership with key business units/leaders
- Build measurement systems and ensure reporting that enables decision-making to achieve internal goals, including scorecards, seasonal dashboards and forecasts, and other reporting.
- Build business cases, budgets and program requests for initiatives
- Monitor and report on progress towards targets using PVH reporting process
- Develop and deploy training materials to educate internal teams (including designers, supply chain, licensees, etc.) around sustainability claim verification and marketing
- Engage with strategic multi-stakeholder initiatives and promote the adoption of industry tools and best practices, where applicable
- Review, analyze and provide strategic recommendations related to improving adoption of environmentally preferred materials
- Communicate effectively to advance product and material specific sustainability initiatives with internal and external parties
- Track and analyze key product and materials sustainability issues
- Support Calvin Klein’s effort to drive traceability across its key raw materials
- Ensure all aspects of product sustainability are embedded in business operations
- Partner with Brand Communications team to ensure internal and external communications on product and materials sustainability
- Proactively and effectively track, manage and respond to issues that have the potential to impact brand reputation
- Oversee the production of sustainable product communications materials and assets
- Develop partnerships and as appropriate represent Calvin Klein’s interests at external meetings and conferences, to accelerate shared progress and achieve our targets
- 8-12 years’ experience in sustainability/corporate responsibility. Demonstrated leadership, systems thinking and creativity to lead cross-functional partners in creating and implementing strategy and roadmaps. Strong ability to identify and prioritize opportunities and drive execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree
- Demonstrated ability managing product environmental or corporate responsibility-related programs; Knowledge of the apparel industry, consumer goods industry, product development or supply chain preferred
- Experience with product creation sustainability, product life cycle assessment tools and the application of life cycle analysis to business decision-making
- Knowledge of and experience working with product sustainability standards and certifications including GOTS, GRS/RCS.
- Advanced MS Excel skills that can be used to combine and analyze data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics to help drive decision-making
- Positive and team-oriented attitude with a proactive approach, exceptional work ethic
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and strong influencing skills in all levels
- Ability to anticipate needs and challenges, respond to changing demands, and produce deliverables on tight turnarounds
To apply for this job please visit careers.pvh.com.