Website Public Goods
Location: New York, NY
Public Goods is building a destination for consumers who care about their impact. We’re looking for kind, mission-driven people who want to work with high-performing and highly collaborative teams — people who want to make a visible impact on the company and, ultimately, the world. We’re growing fast and have investors who’ve backed category-defining businesses such as Peloton, Kickstarter, and Etsy.
Sustainability is a huge deal for us. Our environmental initiatives run deep and go beyond our successful tree-planting program. We donate to food banks, partner with leaders in the fight against deforestation and hunger, design products with smaller carbon footprints, and carbon offset 100% of shipments.
Public Goods is looking for a passionate leader to join our team and further build upon our environmental and sustainability initiatives. The ideal candidate must have strong business and sustainability acumen, project management skills, a passion for transformative change, and an ability to work cross-functionally in driving solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement sustainability strategies. Build reporting systems and maintain tools to benchmark and track Public Goods’ progress against key sustainability goals, ratings, and frameworks.
- Generate annual Sustainability reports and ad hoc reports as needed for internal and external stakeholders, including CEO and investors.
- Evaluate and project manage onboarding of third party certifications/partnerships relevant to Public Goods’s sustainability mission (B Corp Certification, UN SDGs, etc)
- Provide strategic recommendations related to environmentally preferred materials.
- Collaborate with and influence internal and external teams including PR, product development, marketing, sales and HR departments to shape messaging around sustainability initiatives.
- Maintain current working knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, all applicable local, state, federal, and internal environmental laws and regulations.
- Ensure that Public Goods upholds and works towards finding new, innovative and economically sound ways to stay green.
- Work with product teams to manage certification and validation of sustainable materials and processes.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in Sustainability. Preferably within a consumer-packaged goods (CPG) company.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Masters degree highly preferred.
- You are well-versed in environmental and social sustainability best practices and informed of the latest consumer and commercial trends as they relate to sustainability.
- Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and attention to detail. Able to balance short term tactical work with long term strategy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to persuade and influence without having direct authority.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.