Website Returnity Innovations
Location: New York, NY preferred; U.S. Remote considered
Our mission at Returnity is to enable sustainability by empowering forward-thinking companies to shift to the circular economy. We do this by identifying, building and managing the closed-loop logistics systems needed for reusable packaging integration. At Returnity, we believe single-use packaging is wasteful, expensive, and boring at best. We know we can do better to help companies reduce their global footprint while scaling and still being cost-effective. Sustainability is not just a core value, it is our mission. Returnity is venture-backed, and works with a who’s-who of dynamic companies including Walmart, Estee Lauder, Rent the Runway, Zalando, PayPal and more.
Returnity is looking for a Director of Operations to ensure the company can implement cost and operationally efficient reusable packaging systems and produce the highest quality products, in a timely and cost effective manner. In this newly created position, we are seeking an entrepreneurial and experienced operations/supply chain/manufacturing professional who can help drive our mission through flawless execution. Within your first six months, you will have the opportunity to envision, plan and implement key operational systems that will serve as the foundation for Returnity’s future growth.
- Managing manufacturing partner relationships, ensuring adherence to production timelines, budgets and quality levels
- Identifying and managing the integration of technology, cleaning and end-of-life product management partners
- Ensuring compliance and reliability of all materials shipping on a global basis, working closely with freight forwarder
- Developing and managing the company’s budget, understanding costs of goods sold to manage our pricing matrix
- Partnering with the company bookkeeper to ensure timely billing and payments from customers
- Conceiving, developing and implementing electronic management systems for all operational tracking purposes from order intake through delivery. Scope of systems include sales orders, manufacturing documents, production quotes, customer information and other key company resources
- Proactively identifying opportunities for improvement in processes, policies and practices and takes initiative to solve/implement solutions
- Qualifying and rigorously vetting new strategic partners while holding current partners to service level agreements
- Bachelors degree in business, operations management, or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operations or supply chain role within a manufacturing environment, global experience a plus
- Background or knowledge in lean operations, quality systems, and associated tools and techniques preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others required
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving capabilities needed
- Experience and strong desire to leverage technology to organize, store and present information including Google Docs/MS office, particularly spreadsheets; Adobe Ilustrator a plus
- Ability to create clarity and structure in the face of ambiguity
- Proficiency in Mandarin or Spanish a plus
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.