Location: Bentonville, AR
The Director, Global Communications – Sustainability is a strategic thinker and communicator, thirsting for something new each day. We are ready to welcome you to one of the most dynamic jobs out there.
Join the Global Communications team at Walmart and make an impact not only on the future of retail, but on topics and issues the whole world is watching, like environmental sustainability. This is a position that has you thinking on your feet every day, pivoting and multi-tasking fluidly. You’ll be leading 360 comms work, reaching diverse audiences both internally and externally. The ability to jump in with an executive presence and thought leadership is key.
You’ll Make an Impact By
- Developing media and digital strategies for corporate and business unit clients by monitoring and measuring strategies; identifying public relations opportunities, threats, and best practices; participating in clients’ strategic planning; allocating resources for the development and implementation of media measurement techniques; and evaluating and reporting the effectiveness of media relations efforts to enhance the company’s reputation.
- Facilitating efforts to ensure continuity of messaging roll-out, post roll-out, and influencer strategies; evaluating the financial and social impact of key issues; advising and providing recommendations to executives on how to mitigate or address these issues through messaging; and recommending strategic messaging changes based on relevant legislation, stakeholder feedback, or program modifications.
- Serving as a high-level company spokesperson to ensure statements and key messages of sensitivity and impact are provided to the media by improving and protecting the corporate or division reputation.
- Providing strategic expertise to Walmart senior management by collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent communication and media relations.
- Ensuring corporate messaging enhances the reputation of business units across Walmart.
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs.
- Developing and implementing strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce.
- Developing and leveraging internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives.
- Engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Cultivating an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics and supporting the Open Door Policy.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
You’ll Sweep Us Off Our Feet If
- You’re a storyteller, creative thinker and a visionary.
- You have pre-existing relationships with consumer and business media contacts.
- You have experience supporting executive communications.
- You’re organized, disciplined, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re a master at making complex subjects easily understood through words and visuals.
Who We Are
The Walmart Global Communications team is focused on both traditional and new ways to reach audiences internally and externally and shape the reputation of the brand. Team members work cross-functionally with every aspect of Walmart business, connecting with associates across the globe. The work goes beyond retail. Our team has the ability to influence and impact communities across the U.S. in areas ranging from healthcare to sustainability to inclusion and diversity. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background, yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and are a force for positive change.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business, or related field and 5 years’ experience in public relations, communications, or relevant area OR 7 years’ experience in public relations, communications, or relevant area. 2 years’ supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.