Locations: New York, NY; Dallas, TX; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Boston, MA; and Houston, TX
A career in our Sustainability and Climate Change practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. Sustainability and climate change are at the top of the agenda for many organisations, but many are at different stages in understanding how they should respond. As part of our team, you’ll help our clients balance competing economic, social and environmental goals. Our advice goes right to the heart of policy and strategy, addressing everything from the international development policies of major donors to changing regulations and consumer preferences, to the security of supply chains, climate risk and the challenges of urbanisation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience: 8 year(s)
Preferred Fields of Study: Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Business Communications, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainability or related field
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in any of the following areas:
- An ability to analyse strategic, operational, risk and financial implications of sustainability trends and translate these into commercial impact;
- ESG/Sustainability strategy, risk/impact/materiality assessment, stakeholder engagement, and goal setting;
- Climate Risk Modeling and Management; Sustainable Finance; and/or Sustainability/ESG Reporting;
- Quantification of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions;
- Decarbonization business case construction (e.g. identifying key strategic levers, establishing high-level investment ranges, GHG reductions ranges, and benefits to the business);
- Sector specific issues such as packaging, plastics, supply chain labor standards,
- Data analysis and visualisation skills, comfortable working with large datasets in Excel, Alteryx and/or Tableau; (Mgr & below)
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities as a team leader, emphasizing the following areas: :
- Advising clients on sustainable finance related solutions;
- Developing sustainable consulting solutions and products;
- Participating in business development activities;
- Contributing to recruiting and developing ESG talent.
- Building productive and collaborative relationships with team members and proactively providing and seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback;
- Managing a team to a successful project conclusion through problem solving global, enterprise-wide strategy issues;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships;
- Communicating effectively in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats; and,
- Conducting and managing market research and quantitative and qualitative analyses, including the timely synthesis of complex data into meaningful insights, and the ability to readily grasp analytical frameworks and employ them effectively to either qualitative or quantitative evidence.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.us.pwc.com.