Website Keurig Dr. Pepper
Location: Burlington, MA or Frisco, TX
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a modern beverage company uniquely positioned to deliver positive impact with every drink. KDP offers a strong, balanced portfolio of products with a proven ability to expand further via innovation and partnerships, an approach that is built upon a foundation of commitments to ensure positive social and environmental impacts throughout our value chain. We are looking for innovative, hard-driving minds that can lead our teams in a fast-paced, nimble culture.
The Director of Environmental Impact is a dynamic, highly motivated leader responsible for developing, aligning, and executing corporate strategy for environmental impact management across KDP enterprise inclusive of our cold beverage manufacturing network, coffee roasting and packaging, appliance design/manufacturing and extensive fleet operations. The Director will serve as subject matter expert, strategist and partner to cross-functional teams to set external and internal targets, establish glidepaths and ensure annual progress to commitments.
The Director oversees programs, partnerships and external engagement for climate action, water stewardship, and operational waste. The Director identifies innovation and collaborations that will advance the company’s environmental vision and agenda at the international, domestic and local levels. Partnering across the organization, the Director will manage a portfolio of climate resiliency and emissions reduction strategies for operations, fleet, and supply chain. The Director will also work with operations and community organizations in our high-water risk regions to develop and deliver a portfolio of water stewardship projects that ensure water returns to people and nature.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and be accountable for definition, program development, and execution of corporate environmental strategy. This includes aggressive climate and water strategies supported by third party validation such as the Science Based Target initiative.
- Develop and oversee environmental risk assessment and mitigation plans for value chain water stewardship and climate impacts in collaboration with finance, strategy and other internal teams as appropriate.
- Drive cross-functional progress including internal collaboration with Operations, Supply Chain, Strategy, Finance and Fleet. Provide strategic leadership and technical expertise to advance goals including related goals for regenerative agriculture and packaging sustainability.
- Integrate environmental impact to business plans and operations as internal subject matter expert to company initiatives, projects, and programs including, for example, new facilities’ construction, strategic supply chain changes, or brand environmental claims development.
- Pro-actively identify, communicate and make recommendations to enhance the company’s environmental sustainability performance and reputation through benchmarking, trend analysis, industry and subject matter data, research, relationships, and partnerships.
- Lead environmental ESG data management and reporting for the company including CDP, GRI, SASB, and TCFD, as well as supporting environmental customer requests. Partner with Investor Relations, Communications and other internal teams on external communications and disclosures.
- Develop and leverage external partnerships to implement/activate goals, provide validation & credibility, and collaborate on innovative opportunities to reduce environmental impact.
- Supervise and partner with Sr. Project Manager to execute operations’ goals, annual reporting, and project tracking. Improve data management, analysis and reporting including assurance to enable better performance and align with external expectations and regulatory trends.
- Manage consultant/agency relationships, contracts, budgets, in support of the work.
- Lead KDP external stakeholder engagement including representation in external industry associations and collaboration platforms, meetings and conferences.
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Environmental Science, ESG, Sustainability, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 8 years experience in (or highly connected to) corporate sustainability
- Experience in developing programs to execute on sustainability goals with track record of delivering positive results
- Expertise in climate and water stewardship standards and frameworks, environmental reporting frameworks, and familiarity with known and emerging corporate environmental stewardship issues.
- Experience in NGO and industry association partnership development as well as agency management
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong professional network in corporate sustainability/environmental impact.
- Organized and detailed oriented; ability to prioritize a rapidly evolving body of work, and analyze and address emerging issues in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in common knowledge-worker tools (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Outstanding influencing, verbal, and written communications skills enabling collaboration across different internal and external audiences
- Ability to drive for results with an inclusive and collaborative management style
- Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods industry preferred
- Ability to travel (primarily domestically) up to 20%
To apply for this job please visit uscareers-keurigdrpepper.icims.com.