Location: New York, NY
CleanCapital is a diversified clean energy investment platform. We deploy a unique approach—underpinned by industry-leading technology—to make attractive investments in distributed generation solar and energy storage. Founded in 2015 and is headquartered in New York City., CleanCapital has become one of the leading owner-operators of commercial & industrial (C&I) solar in the U.S.
This position will start off 100% remotely, however when our offices are back up and running this individual will be located in our NYC offices.
CleanCapital is committed to fostering a diverse and equitable workforce reflective of our community while also valuing each persons’ unique perspective, skills, and experiences. CleanCapital does not discriminate against any individual’s race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or nationality and is committed to promoting a more just and inclusive world through intentional policies and actions.
The Director of Capital Markets will manage all aspects of CleanCapital’s project financing strategy, including sourcing tax equity, construction debt, and term debt for the Company’s portfolio of DG solar and storage assets. This position will initially report to the Chief Commercial Officer. Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify and outreach to potential financing partners
- Negotiate financing terms with counterparties
- Provide tax equity and debt assumptions for project valuations
- Manage CleanCapital’s tax equity and debt financial models
- Support the asset management team in preparing reports for financing parties
- BA/BS or equivalent, preferably in finance or economics
Technical Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the following areas, are required:
- Investment banking, power generation, or electric utility industry in investment or business development related roles
- Creation and modification of sophisticated Excel based models including financial statement models and valuations/LBO/DCF models.
- Auditing of existing financial models to insure 100% accuracy of the assumptions and information
- Financial analysis, with experience creating and maintaining Excel models during the investment process
- Researching and assessing investment considerations across a wide variety of asset classes and geographies
- Renewable energy experience preferred, solar experience strongly preferred.
Social Skills /Human Skills/Behavioral Skills
- Ability to think and analyze beyond the data and assess decisions with an informed, enterprise view
- Ability to anticipate and meet needs of internal customers
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ideas and run with them from concept to conclusion
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Technical understanding of clean energy business processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Excellence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical demands of this job require an individual to be able to work at a computer for most of the day, be able to participate in conference calls and travel to team retreats on a time-to-time basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If working remotely, your work environment is what you make of it, however CleanCapital encourages everyone to have a dedicated workspace that, for the most part, can be free of distractions. If working in one of our Corporate Offices, the work environment is usually quiet (normal city traffic noises are common), a blend of artificial and natural light, temperate and generally supports a collaborative work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit cleancapital.com.