Location: Remote within US
BlueConduit is a social venture that uses machine learning to support decision making to improve public health. Our predictive models help water utilities inventory and locate their lead service lines in order to accelerate their replacement. The team began guiding Flint’s lead service line replacement program in 2016. Since then, more than 50 cities are using BlueConduit’s methods to inventory and locate lead service lines. BlueConduit has inventoried more than 500,000 service lines across its projects in the United States and Canada. Those service lines provide water to more than 1,000,000 residents. The Biden Administration has proposed more than $45 billion to support the removal of lead pipes. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that is helping communities get the lead out of the ground.BlueConduit is seeking a data scientist who can:
- Support clients with data analysis
- Integrate client data into internal software tools, and generate predictions of pipe material
- Actively engage in R&D to identify how to continue to scale the impact of BlueConduit’s predictive methods
- Participate and present in the company’s data seminars
We are a small, remote but growing team and so this is an excellent opportunity to grow into and shape your role at our company.
- Degree in quantitative field (CS, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, etc.)
- Data Visualization
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Experience working with GeoSpatial data and GIS systems
- Specifically GeoPandas
- Any experience with product development
- Familiarity with water quality, water chemistry, or government data
- Passion for the environment & community well-being, as the company got started to address the Flint water crisis
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Co-working space/work place stipend
Interested in applying?
To apply for this job please visit www.blueconduit.com.