Location: Chicago, IL
Overview: As a Mars Climate Sustainability Intern, you will gain exposure to the following areas:
- Corporate research to support our Net Zero climate targets and specific mitigation strategies in our factories and extended supply chain
- Writing and researching climate sustainability topics for review by the Global Sustainability team
- Developing business processes for implementing climate sustainability initiatives
- Partnering directly with Climate & Land Sr. Manager to explore the role that Mars plays along with growing in the area of environmental sustainability
- We are looking for humble and hungry, agile students who have a drive for results, a desire to learn, and who can quickly build relationships.
- We are looking for students who are passionate about corporate sustainability, social justice, and advancing social and environmental sustainability.
- Obtaining a Master degree in Environment, Sustainability, Biology, or Geography.
- Interest in the role business plays in advancing social and environmental sustainability.
- This role is focused on the environmental side of sustainability – working specifically on climate and land use.
- Strong written communication skills
- Eligible candidates will intern the summer prior to their final graduation date. Graduation Winter of 2024/Spring 2025
- Open to students legally authorized to work in the U.S., without the need for current or future work status authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug & background screening.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mars.com.