Location: Melo Park, CA / Remote
BRINGiT was started as a nonprofit in the spring of 2020, focused on turning off the tap of plastic pollution caused by plastic bags. We are now spinning our groundbreaking products out from the nonprofit into a Public Benefits Corporation, which is allowing us to raise funds to quickly and forcefully go in and become a leader in this new $7bn market. As Tesla disrupted the car industry, so BRINGiT will disrupt the everyday bag market—by providing a stylish, functional, and sustainable alternative to today’s standard reusable bags, most of which are made of polypropylene, aka plastic. BRINGiT is offering consumers products that, until now, didn’t exist—reusable bags that are zero waste, easy to remember and handle, and attractive, making waste-free shopping simple. With anchor investors onboard, products in production, and strong interest from retailers and consumers, we are now looking for a CMO to join our all-female leadership team and help us quickly build a strong brand and D2C revenue.
The CMO role is an enormous opportunity for someone who is looking to build something purposeful and impressive, and is attracted to the opportunities and challenges presented by a high-potential start up. Most importantly, the team is highly functioning and works extremely well together in a supportive environment. As in many startups, many BRINGiT team members are working just for equity and are not taking salaries until year two. However, we are open to exploring a combination of salary, revenue share and equity to make this attractive and sustainable for the right person.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will lead, develop, and manage the overall marketing and communications vision and strategies for the company and drive results – measured through increased brand awareness, customer acquisition/retention, and revenue generation. The CMO is directly accountable for the strategy and performance of BRINGiT’s Direct to Consumer Revenue operations.
The CMO will be responsible for the performance of all marketing and communications functions within the organization. The CMO will ensure that the team and external resources are focused and aligned with the company’s growth targets. She/he will be an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, creativity, and a results driven mentality. The CMO will ideally have a history of building a strong digital marketing team in a startup environment, coupled with DTC and CPG market know-how to specify, define, and maximize opportunities.
- Work with the CEO and other members of the leadership team to update and deliver to the business plan, marketing, and revenue targets.
- Develop a data-informed position on who current and target customers are, and implement strategies and tactics that help BRINGiT maximize marketing ROI.
- Drive scale and growth by continually optimizing the go-to-market strategy.
- Uphold the balance between keeping brand authenticity and passion while focusing on revenue results.
- Grow and develop a dynamic marketing team through mentorship and leadership.
- Effectively manage external vendors and partners, creating mutually rewarding relationships.
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and performance expectations for the team and vendors, and ensuring the department delivers to revenue and budget plans.
- Work closely with members across teams and functions, championing brand and consumers.
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for BRINGiT’s mission and cultural values.
Skills and Experience
- Proven results as a Chief Marketing Officer or a similarly relevant role – ideally in a D2C CPG company in a startup phase or intrapreneurial role, with data driven decision making and results oriented strategies at the core.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing brand strategy, media, digital/e-commerce, social media, creative development, customer acquisition, and retention.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – willingness to challenge the status quo in our highly competitive business environment and move quickly to test and learn new strategies and tactics. This also relates to a level of resourcefulness and proven ability to do a lot with a little.
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly from a strategic-level vision to day-to-day tactical operations.
- Persuasive, collaborative – able to work across multiple stakeholders and influence/drive brand-right implementation. Great at building and maintaining relationships, fostering an environment of mutual respect, understanding, and trust.
- Experience successfully building and managing internal and external teams productively.
- Working knowledge of market research, data analysis, and performance/operation metrics and tools.
- Personal engagement in helping stop climate change and plastic pollution.
- Ability to be effective in fast-paced working environments
- The whole leadership team is working remotely and on flexible schedules, but is making time for large team meetings, and delivering to deadlines to ensure company goals are achieved.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of key marketing and CRM tools. BRINGiT uses the Google suite for all documentation and Asana for project management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree, MBA or similar, preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.