Website Natural Capital Partners
Location: Oxford or London, UK offices, or remotely in the UK or East Coast, US.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Client Engagement, the Carbon Footprint Manager’s goal is to support our wide range of clients across the world in measuring their greenhouse gas emissions, ensuring their experience is efficient and effective. This role can be located in our Oxford or London, UK offices, or remotely in the UK or East Coast, US.
The role acts as a liaison between our external GHG assessment providers and our clients, to ensure their GHG assessments are professionally conducted and seamlessly completed in a timely manner as part of the wider account management programme.
The Carbon Footprint Manager will assist clients to understand GHG assessment requirements, collate relevant data and help embed best practice data management into their businesses. The goal is to ensure accurate, robust, and timely reporting in line with The CarbonNeutral Protocol while providing the highest levels of client satisfaction.
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong project management ability and attention to detail, and confidence in understanding technical information while working with a multitude of clients simultaneously. This position works with the Client Relationship Managers to ensure the successful delivery of our services and helping to streamline the commercial process. The role will also support the Sales Team in their role to bring new clients on board.
About Natural Capital Partners and ClimateCare
For more than 20 years, Natural Capital Partners and ClimateCare have been at the forefront of delivering the highest quality solutions to make real change possible: reducing carbon emissions, generating renewable energy, building resilience in supply chains, conserving and restoring forests, and biodiversity, and improving health and livelihoods.
In April 2021, Natural Capital Partners merged with ClimateCare to form the world-leading solutions provider for companies and organisations looking to meet ambitious climate goals. The combination, which was organised by Averna Capital, brings together an unrivalled corporate client base with industry-leading project development capabilities and growth capital, to scale the ambition to reduce emissions and transform the global economy.
The combined company has been responsible for the reduction of more than 100 million tonnes of CO2e and will have access to upwards of 600 projects reducing and removing emissions across 56 countries. The team works with more than 500 clients across six continents, including Microsoft, Sky, Logitech, Bain and Company, PwC, Salesforce, and MetLife, providing the solutions to deliver on their ambitious carbon neutral and net zero goals. We work with our clients to secure their long-term offsetting positions through structured investments in projects from the development stage through to credit issuance.
- Deliver excellent client service by supporting clients through their GHG assessment, problem-solving data challenges, adhering to tight deadlines while liaising between our clients and assessment partners to ensure a smooth process.
- Project management of all GHG assessments including kick-off calls, assessment progress tracking, report checking, and presenting completed assessments to key clients.
- Ensuring every assessment can support the client’s CarbonNeutral® certification for the agreed time period and monitoring timeframes for all clients regarding ideal time for assessment ‘kick-off’ and all agreed assessment deadlines while considering contract timeframes and software subscription expiry dates.
- Critically review GHG reports from 3rd parties and assess their compliance to The CarbonNeutral Protocol.
- Maintain a good understanding of GHG assessment standards and protocols including The CarbonNeutral Protocol, WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol, Life Cycle Assessments, and related standards to carbon footprint measurement (e.g. ISO 14064).
- Identify ongoing improvements in data collection, the assessment process and work with assessment partners to improve the client experience.
- Account administration for all assessments including updating Salesforce and Sharepoint, working with Finance on Purchase Orders, and approving invoices.
- Working with the Sales Team and Client Relationship Managers to achieve desired outcomes for the wider relationship with clients by adding value to the assessment experience.
- Staying up to date with best practices in GHG accounting in order to provide technical guidance to support annual CarbonNeutral Protocol Revision.
- Manage ongoing relationships with Assessment Partners and Providers to ensure visibility into pipeline and workflow.
- Greenhouse Gas Accounting, minimum 3 years of experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick to learn and confident with technical detail
- High attention to detail
- Experience with Excel
- Project management experience
- And overall, keen enthusiasm and energy.
To apply for this job please visit www.naturalcapitalpartners.com.