Website Net Impact
Location: Oakland, CA but currently remote
Net Impact is looking for an Associate Director to lead our community growth and engagement initiatives. This person is passionate about nurturing a global community, with a proven track record for building and executing strategies that both grow and engage diverse communities and networks. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Community Associate Director will lead initiatives that support the health of our global Chapter network, explore new membership opportunities, and develop a robust engagement strategy that powers our more than 160K member community.
The ideal candidate will be both a strategic leader and a do-er who leads with confidence and empathy, and is eager to leverage their experience to amplify the global Net Impact community. Individuals who are able to build relationships, inspire and motivate others, and translate engagement strategies into execution will excel in this role. This role is fast-paced, so the individual must be agile, energetic, eager, and resourceful. This role will also serve as part of Net Impact’s Senior Leadership Team and contribute to org’s strategy, goal-setting, and culture.
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.
Network Acquisition and Expansion
- Develop and implement strategic recruiting and outreach plans to engage students and young professionals to participate in our ever-growing programs, events, and leadership opportunities
- Build and manage a dynamic team of direct and indirect reports (including contractors and partners) to execute outreach plans throughout the year
- Implement a membership strategy that engages current, past, and prospective members and drives revenue to support Net Impact’s mission
- Explore and build new strategic initiatives including but not limited to new community structures (affinity groups, collectives, etc.), partnerships with campus and community organizations, and more
Chapter and Member Engagement
- Develop and implement strategies to engage and activate our global chapter community toward our shared goals and mission, including but not limited to participation in our programs, events, resource learning opportunities, and more
- Foster a sense of community across our Chapter Network, with an eye on accessing and elevating network health through actions taken, cross channel engagement, participation, and retention
- Build relationships, develop resources, and implement programming for our growing chapter network and member base at scale
- Access and lead community management best practices across our engagement touch-points ranging from program leads, event hosts, chapter leaders, and more
- Manage a budget that meets annual financial targets and metrics established in the annual operating plan, while meeting the growing needs of our global community
You May Be A Good Fit If You Are
- Strategic Executor: You can think of new ways to achieve our goals, leverage proven engagement experience, and develop the detailed plans to get us there. You find equal joy in building new strategies and in rolling up your sleeves to bring those strategies to life.
- Growth Hacker: You are energized by uncovering new, effective ways to drive growth and engagement at scale. You’re able to build relationships quickly with people from all walks of life and understand how to inspire and motivate others. You believe that communities take many shapes and sizes and that engagement looks different across those networks.
- Problem Solver: You are passionate about creating solutions to problems, increasing efficiencies, and driving change at scale. You don’t believe in the notion of “the way it’s always been done.” Challenges excite you and you are eager to translate your experience, learn from the past, and develop and implement strategies to support the growth and health of the Net Impact community.
- Community Manager: Seeing your communities thrive fills your proverbial cup. You love creating and managing processes that allow you to support large and diverse communities at scale. You balance qualitative and quantitative data to measure the health and vibrancy of communities you manage and work to amplify the stories of members across channels and initiatives.
- Your StrengthFinders might include: Connectedness, Adaptability, Activator, Woo, Conductor, Achiever, Consistency, Restorative
- 8-12 years of experience managing communities, or other relevant experience
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic deadline-driven environment, as well as, being adaptable to change
- Creative problem-solver with high standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives
- Enthusiasm for optimizing processes and team culture development
- Strong servant leadership attitude and enjoys helping others
- Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world
Please send the following application materials directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – AD, Community) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
The salary range for this position is $85,000 to $95,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time.
To apply for this job please visit www.netimpact.org.