Website United Nations Foundation
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Climate & Environment Research Associate will contribute to UNF’s international climate and environment work, including on ocean, shipping, and climate science, as well as climate diplomacy and finance. The Climate & Environment Research Associate will help develop and execute on key UNF programmatic priorities, as well as analyze and research international climate and ocean-related policies and trends. This will be a writing-intensive position, requiring the ability to draft and edit a range of products for diverse audiences, including briefing papers, op-eds, internal memos, and blogs. The successful candidate will also contribute to the organization and execution of high-impact public and private meetings and events, liaise with current and former UN and government officials, and perform various administrative tasks.
The Climate & Environment Research Associate will be a member of a highly collaborative, collegial, and committed team based in Washington, D.C.
- Help support UNF programmatic efforts focused on ocean issues, maritime shipping, and climate science, as well as climate diplomacy and finance
- Research and analyze policies and trends and develop new insight into the international climate, ocean, and environmental spheres
- Produce and edit a range of written materials for internal and external audiences. The target audience will range from policy experts to the general public, so versatility is important
- Contribute to and support the organization and execution of public and private meetings and events
- Liaise effectively with current and former United Nations and members state government officials
- Work with team members to draft and execute contracts and agreements; help develop funding proposals, secure payments, and ensure timely submission of grant reporting; and work to ensure that payments to consultants and outside organizations are made in a timely manner.
- Maintain working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants), and when to utilize the proper templates accordingly. (As applicable to the role)
- Draft and review agreements and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed. (As applicable to the role)
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures. (As applicable to the role)
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information and prepare reports. (As applicable to the role)Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Two to four years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in or with government preferred
- Diplomatic and able to work effectively with leaders across a range of government, private sector, and civil society organizations
- Strong writing, research, analytical, presentation, and briefing skills
- Experience in events management preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Flexible and adaptable, with an ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Personal discretion with sensitive information
- Commitment to the UN Foundation’s mission
- Writing sample will be required as part of the interview process for this role
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
To apply for this job please visit unitednationsfoundation.applytojob.com.