Location: United States
CleanCapital is a diversified clean energy investment platform. We deploy a unique approach—underpinned by industry-leading technology—to make attractive investments in distributed generation solar and energy storage. In just over four years, CleanCapital has become one of the leading owner-operators of commercial & industrial (C&I) solar in the U.S. CleanCapital was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in New York City.
CleanCapital is committed to fostering a diverse and equitable workforce reflective of our community while also valuing each persons’ unique perspective, skills, and experiences. CleanCapital does not discriminate against any individual’s race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or nationality and is committed to promoting a more just and inclusive world through intentional policies and actions.
The Asset Management Associate will have responsibilities in all areas of clean energy asset management across the CleanCapital portfolio including operational, financial, reporting, monitoring, and compliance.
- Assist with monthly performance reporting and project specific performance data.
- Develop and manage project budgets, models, contracts, and stakeholder and customer relations.
- Work closely with numerous departments including the capital markets, finance and investment team, and the project acquisition and construction team.
- Coordinate and work closely with third parties, including outside service providers, off takers/customers, and strategic partners.
- Review and analyze issues to ensure compliance in all respects, including regulatory and financial covenants.
- Assist in preparing investor reports, budgets for investors and lenders and resolve any issues or questions.
- Review, track and approve expenses incurred by assets and their agents, including external and internal charges.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders in solar projects e.g., property owners and PPA customers.
- Provide timely work products to support management and reporting of operating assets.
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure accuracy of billing to customers and resolve issues if needed.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures to ensure all procedural, legislative and contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Responsible for onboarding new projects to an integrated asset management software.
- Participate in the development of an asset compliance calendar. Where specified, manage and monitor compliance in all contracts and activities.
- Identify, assess, and support execution of Asset Optimization initiatives by preparing cost/benefit analysis for each optimization initiative, considering the terms of the contracts associated with the asset, asset performance, engineering cost estimates and implementation schedules from the various subject matter experts. Ensure to flesh out the true value of each identified initiative and package into a commercial value proposition for review and approval by senior management.
- Work with the Company’s technology development team to support integration of the Company’s business requirements into our in-house asset management technology platform.
- Assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions of the solar projects.
- Job description may evolve over time.
- Occasional travel expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Finance or Business preferred.
Technical Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience with the following required:
- Energy asset management experience in distributed generation solar PV in North America
- Asset management of renewable portfolios
- Familiarity with energy storage technologies
- Financial modeling experience in project finance, as well as the ability to understand financial models broadly and the potential impact of operations on investments.
- Preferred experience with, but not required:
- AlsoEnergy PowerTrack Data Acquisition System
- Sage Intacct
- Radian LENs
Psychosocial Skills /Human Skills/Behavioral Skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work well within a multidisciplinary virtual team.
- Ability to define issues, analyze problems, evaluate alternatives, and develop sound conclusions.
- Exceptional verbal and writing communication skills with superiors, peers, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ideas and run with them from concept to conclusion.
- Technical understanding of clean energy business processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical demands of this job require an individual to be able to work at a computer for most of the day, be able to participate in conference calls and travel to team retreats on a time-to-time basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If working remotely, your work environment is what you make of it, however CleanCapital encourages everyone to have a dedicated workspace that, for the most part, can be free of distractions. If working in one of our Corporate Offices, the work environment is usually quiet (normal city traffic noises are common), a blend of artificial and natural light, temperate and generally supports a collaborative work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit cleancapital.com.