Location: New York, NY
Edelman is seeking an Assistant Account Executive (AAE) to join our growing Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) Advisory practice. If you are looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and want to work with clients who change the capital markets, we want to talk with you.
Our team is hands-on. Everyone, regardless of seniority, plays a key role. Our work is wide-ranging and constantly moving, from non-financial reporting, strategy development, and stakeholder messaging, to executive positioning and crisis response. Together, we help businesses evolve and influence how brands are perceived.
Edelman team members are smart, determined, and curious. We are continuous learners with great writing skills, capital markets knowledge, attention to detail, and a passion for the creative process. We listen, ask questions and collaborate closely to develop outstanding programs that transform companies and shape the conversation of tomorrow.
Edelman’s ESG Advisory practice is a boutique strategic consultancy with the reach and resources of the world’s largest communications firm. Our team works with businesses and global functions to build, execute and communicate ESG strategies that mitigate risk, capture business opportunities and drive long-term value for investors and broader stakeholders.
- Provides project management and client service support; attends meetings, takes notes, coordinates follow ups and helps manage timelines
- Contributes to the development of, edits and proofreads client-facing materials, including benchmarking assessments, ESG/sustainability reports, narrative frameworks, fact sheets, materiality assessments, stakeholder engagement plans and other various presentations and client materials
- Proactively supports multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadlines
- Conducts background research and provides industry and competitor analysis to inform client engagements
- Helps clients and internal teams keep a finger on the pulse of the latest ESG industry, regulatory and reporting disclosure trends through proactive monitoring and research, presenting learnings to the broader team
- Supports ESG Advisory business development activities by contributing to new business proposals, developing client case studies and conducting research for practice thought leadership
- The Assistant Account Executive must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
We are looking for someone who
- Is interested in a career in financial communications, ESG/sustainability or consulting
- Has relevant intern or work experience in public relations, research, management consulting, public affairs or related field
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Has a positive, collaborative attitude
- Is detailed oriented and has superb time management skills to balance multiple projects at once
- Takes a proactive, self-starter approach to supporting account teams and clients
- Demonstrates superior verbal communication skills and writing abilities
- Is keenly interested in and has high awareness of current events, particularly related to business and financial events
- Has a solutions-oriented mindset
- Embraces a spirit of innovation, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take risks and be motivated by the mutual success of their clients and their career
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.