Location: Santa Barbara, CA
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. The Sustainability Team is responsible for driving decision-making across the organization that enables Apeel’s operations and business practices to be as environmentally and socially responsible as possible while maximizing the positive impacts of our current and future products. We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented Sustainability Analyst who will collect data, conduct analyses, and generate insights to help guide decisions related to Apeel’s product environmental benefits, ESG performance, and Emerging Markets strategy. You will work with a variety of internal stakeholders to gather information about Apeel’s products and business practices, and utilize your sustainability subject matter expertise to quantify the impact of these activities on Apeel’s sustainability objectives.
This position reports to our Senior Director, Sustainability, and will work full time from Santa Barbara, CA. We are looking for you to join us immediately.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the life cycle inventory data collection and management for the product Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) models that underpin Apeel’s environmental impacts, and utilize these inputs to generate LCA results that can inform product development, marketing claims, and customer sustainability metrics.
- Create business intelligence (BI) dashboards to track and visualize Apeel’s sustainability performance for teams throughout the company
- Conduct various analyses to inform Apeel’s strategy in Emerging Markets, including market sizing, forecasting, and both social and environmental impact assessments.
- Manage a database of Apeel’s ESG data, including both qualitative and quantitative information, across all Apeel divisions and geographies. Work with other Apeel teams to determine how to integrate additional data into this database, and continuously identify ways to streamline data collection and improve data visualization to support decision-making across the organization.
- Manage a library of data sets and literature related to food systems sustainability that can serve as a resource to the Apeel organization through the development of internal education tools.
- Conduct deep dive literature reviews on emerging sustainability topics to inform Apeel’s Sustainability strategy as well as the Corporate Development Life Cycle.
What You Bring
- Background in environmental science, sustainability, environmental engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Experience with life cycle assessment (LCA), carbon accounting, and other methodologies to measure environmental impacts in a corporate setting
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively on interdisciplinary projects in a fast-paced environment
- Graduate degree preferred
- Data science experience preferred
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit www.apeel.com.