Location: New York, NY
CleanCapital is a diversified clean energy investment platform. We deploy a unique approach—underpinned by industry-leading technology—to make attractive investments in distributed generation solar and energy storage. In just over four years, CleanCapital has become one of the leading owner-operators of commercial & industrial (C&I) solar in the U.S. CleanCapital was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in New York City.
CleanCapital is committed to fostering a diverse and equitable workforce reflective of our community while also valuing each persons’ unique perspective, skills, and experiences. CleanCapital does not discriminate against any individual’s race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or nationality and is committed to promoting a more just and inclusive world through intentional policies and actions.
This position will play a key role in CleanCapital’s strategic growth plans, which include the acquisition of a significant number of distributed solar energy and energy storage assets. The Analyst will report to the Head of Projects, but will have the opportunity to work across disciplines, supporting our acquisitions, investments, capital markets, and asset management groups. Specifically, the Analyst will coordinate and assist in transactional due diligence, modeling, and investment screening, as well as assisting in executing project finance and M&A transactions. CleanCapital is an exciting and dynamic startup atmosphere.
This position will start off 100% remotely, however when our offices are back up and running this individual will be located in our NYC offices.
- Project management of CleanCapital’s asset acquisition and financing transactions.
- Prepare Excel based financial models for CleanCapital’s asset acquisition and financing transactions.
- Assist the Head of Projects in developing both internal and external memos and presentations including deal investment memos, focusing on identified deal risks and mitigants.
- Coordinate among third party advisors, investment partners, and transaction counterparts with respect to all due diligence inquiries.
- Support the Head of Projects to prepare and track closing deliverables for M&A and debt and equity finance transactions.
- Coordinate acquisition document management on the platform.
- Support the business development team by performing initial valuations and basic diligence on bids for potential acquisitions.
- Support the investment and policy teams with research into specific programs and strategic growth areas.
- Provide general support to the acquisitions team on miscellaneous matters and discrete initiatives.
- Job description may evolve over time.
- Occasional travel may be expected depending on travel restrictions and business necessities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Technical Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in investment, mergers and acquisitions, or business development related roles.
- Renewable energy experience preferred (solar and/or storage experience strongly preferred).
- Preferred, but not required experience:
- Managing and/or coordinating complex transactions with multiple stakeholders and advisors.
- Creating and modifying sophisticated Excel based models including financial statement models and valuations/LBO/DCF models.
- Auditing existing financial models to insure 100% accuracy of the assumptions and information.
Psychosocial Skills /Human Skills/Behavioral Skills
- Expert financial analysis skills to create and maintain Excel models during the investment process.
- Proven ability to research and assess investment considerations across a wide variety of asset classes and geographies.
- Ability to anticipate and meet needs of internal customers.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ideas and run with them from concept to conclusion.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Technical understanding of clean energy business processes
- Ability to think and analyze beyond the data and assess decisions with an informed, enterprise view.
- Excellent interpersonal skills while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Excellence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical demands of this job require an individual to be able to work at a computer for most of the day, be able to participate in conference calls and travel to team retreats on a time-to-time basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If working remotely, your work environment is what you make of it, however CleanCapital encourages everyone to have a dedicated workspace that, for the most part, can be free of distractions. If working in one of our Corporate Offices, the work environment is usually quiet (normal city traffic noises are common), a blend of artificial and natural light, temperate and generally supports a collaborative work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit cleancapital.com.