Website Goldman Sachs
Location: San Francisco, CA
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies. AIMS manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 200 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, impact investing and ESG research, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs’ market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $200 billion of alternative investments, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies.
Imprint is the ESG and impact investment group in AIMS with a mandate to build and manage client portfolios that generate market rate returns and tangible environmental and/or social impact. AIMS Imprint invests across public and private markets through third party managers and co-investments alongside managers.
The investment strategy spans asset classes including private equity, real assets, private credit, public equity, fixed income and hedge funds. Imprint additionally specializes in nine private market investment themes including Clean Energy, Sustainable Transport, Education, Health, Financial Inclusion, Food & Agriculture, Waste & Materials, Ecosystem Services and Communities Imprint was founded in 2008 and acquired by Goldman Sachs in 2015, as part of the firm’s commitment to ESG and impact investing. The group’s leadership is based in San Francisco but the team operates out of San Francisco, New York and London offices.
- Support the Private Markets Investment team in its sourcing and investment due diligence of both (i) third party funds and (ii) co-investments (i.e. direct company investing)
- More broadly provide support to the Imprint team as needed including public markets investments and client projects
- Perform in-depth research and financial analysis on companies, funds, investment themes and assets across various stages, sectors, and geographies
- Present investment opportunities to investment committees and conduct required follow-up
- Coordinate the execution of fund commitments / investments, including working closely with internal (e.g., internal counsel, compliance, cash management) and external parties (e.g., private equity managers, external counsel, and clients)
- Monitor and report on the financial and impact performance and risk profile of existing portfolio investments, liaising with managers as appropriate
- Provide support to the Imprint investment and client teams on an as-needed basis
- 1 year+ of experience post college graduation
- Experience in Investment Banking (Industry Groups, M&A, Leverage Finance), Private Equity/Venture Capital or Consulting a plus, but not required
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated interest in, and passion for, ESG and impact investing
- Sound critical thinking with a demonstrated interest in financial markets and investment management
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities, including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation skills enabling the candidate to make robust written and oral recommendations to the Investment Committee and interact effectively with a number of stakeholders
- Aptitude to manage multiple tasks by demonstrating project planning, organization, and time management skills
- Sense of accountability and dedication to continuous professional improvement
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment, including with colleagues based in different regional offices
To apply for this job please visit uscareers-goldmansachs.icims.com.