By: Erb Faculty Member, Andrew Hoffman
Both thoughtful and thought-provoking, Finding Purpose aims to challenge our understanding of how humanity interacts with planet Earth, and our role within this. This book is an invitation: would you like to participate in one of the most important projects of imagination, perhaps the greatest ever, in human history? Distilling and refining over 20 pieces from a lifetime of work in academia and trade, across speeches, blogs, editorials and essays, Hoffman invites us to look beyond material growth and explore the role of the individual and business in discovering a wider purpose to bring about a balanced and sustainable society.
The reader is encouraged to consider humanity’s relationship with the environment through different lenses: business, academia, faith-based and cultural. By bringing them together, Hoffman encourages us to understand our relationship with the planet in a far more holistic sense.
Drawing on ideas from philosophy, literature, natural sciences and politics, Hoffman ensures that the ideas he explores are wholly accessible and applicable. Fully substantiated through various research and examples, the issues described are consistently made relevant to the reader.
Finding Purpose is the perfect book for anyone – from student to CEO – thinking about their place in the world, and how making changes in our own lives and societies can impact on the world around us.
This book has been featured in:
- Ross School of Business – May 6, 2016 Finding Your Purpose in the World
- Vistage – May 13, 2016 Finding Your Purpose
- Huffington Post – May 18, 2016 Finding Purpose: Environmental Stewardship as a Personal Calling
- Huffington Post – May 24, 2016 Pursuing a Life of Meaning
- GreenBiz – May 28, 2016 Finding purpose: The solution-driven business
- The Conversation – June 1, 2016 The limits of intellectual reason in our understanding of the natural world
- Corporate EcoForum – June 27, 2016 The “Great Work” of Business Sustainability
- The Huffington Post – July 12, 2016 Could your calling be all around you?
- The Huffington Post – September 19, 2016 What is Your Model of Leadership?
- Earth Island Journal – December, 2 2016 A Call to Keep the Faith
- BizEd – December 20, 2016 Finding Purpose Overview
- George P. Nassos and Associates – February 11, 2017 Finding Purpose