Complied by Rachel Smeak with input from Wes Allred, Adam Byrnes, Adam Carver, Emily Dwinnells, Brian Moss, Cynthia Shih, and Sam Stevenson.
As MBA/MS students, we like to stay on top of the latest news and thoughts related to sustainability. Recently, we consolidated a list of some of our favorite blogs and online news sources. Our interests vary from broad sustainability to innovation to energy to to policy and beyond. We hope you find something new and inspiring!
Feel free to share your favorite blogs and sites by adding a comment.
Innovation & Solutions
- FastCoExist and FastCoDesign– Spin-offs of Fast Company Magazine
- Inhabitat – Sustainable design, innovation, eco-architecture, and green building
- The Solutions Journal – Showcases bold and innovative ideas to solving society’s most pressing issues
- Visualizing Economics – Infographics about economic data
- Dan Gray – “Live Long and Prosper” – combining brand, design and innovation for lasting competitive advantage
- Matthew Nordan – “Secret formula” on energy, environment and innovation
- Seth Godin – A little bit of everything
- Umair Haque (HBR) – Ranked as one of the world’s most influential management thinkers by Thinkers50
- Environmental Leader – Broad news on corporate sustainability
- The Frog Blog – Rainforest Alliance’s blog related to work on biodiversity
- Grist – Environmental news and commentary with a fun spin and angle
- GOOD – Per their slogan “for people who give a damn.” Check out the environment, social enterprise, and infographics pages
- RMI Outlet – Rocky Mountain Institute Blog
Clean Tech, Energy & Finance
- CleanTechnica – Long established, well known cleantech site
- EcoGeek – Latest stories on eco and green technology
- Ecosystem Marketplace and Eko Eco – Knowledge source for markets and payments for ecosystem services
- Green Tech Media – News, research, and analysis in the greentech market
- New Energy Finance – Bloomberg’s source for analysis, data, and news in clean energy and carbon markets (check out the RSS too)