- First Erb Case Study Competition Award Winners
- Creating walkable neighborhoods with Richard Bole
- Turning vacant urban land into green spaces with Josh Newell
- Michele Diener on moving the needle in the sustainable hospitality sector
- Providing safe, portable housing to improve health
- Jenn Layke on fostering thought leadership in building efficiency
- Andy Hoffman and Rebecca Henn’s New Green Building book from MIT press
- Andy Hoffman’s green building curriculum award
- Lots of great research reports and case studies on Yellowstone, Greening Brownfield Properties.. and much much more.
Innovating for a Sustainable Built Environment (pdf)
- Winners announce in first sustainability case competition
- Popular Erb Strategy Course Fills Niche
- REI Rentals Case Study
Erb students and alumni demonstrate leadership in turning planet-friendly innovations into profit-making ventures. Erb entrepreneurs collaborate with distinguished experts from across the University of Michigan, and leverage the award-winning resources offered by the Ross School of Business. Chief among these resources is the Zell Lurie Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies (ZLI), a key partner in providing Erb students with the skills and opportunities they need to pilot and scale sustainable enterprises. Through a combination of coursework, grantawards, competitions and master’s projects, the Erb Institute is empowering the next generation of socially and environmentally motivated entrepreneurs.
Energized by overwhelming scientific evidence and agreement that human activity is causing serious changes in the Earth’s climate, the Erb Institute has joined environmental, social, and economic leaders around the
world in promoting climate-change research, action, and opportunity on a global scale. Reaching across business sectors and national borders, the Institute has identified and disseminated strategies for advancing energy-efficient technologies, informing the climate policies of key decision-makers, and encouraging climate-wise behavior by corporations and consumers.
Working at the Forefront of Climate-Change Action and Opportunity (pdf)
This report features the revitalization of Detroit’s lower east side, adaptive reuse of inner-city buildings, Ross School’s revitalization & business (R&B) initiative, new internships at the Erb Family Foundation, Green Garage entrepreneurs and much more.
Erb in Detroit: Serving and Learning in our Community (pdf)
New report on Energy Innovation Research featuring the Erb’s first Executive in Residence, Tom Catania; Professor Nigel Melville; Erb Alum, Ryan Whisnant; analysis from the three 2012 Energy Scholars, and much more. Energy Innovation Research at the Erb Institute (pdf)
Newsworthy renewables research and activity from faculty and students.
Renewable Energy Research (pdf)