Dow Sustainability Fellows Program
Established through a six-year expendable gift from the Dow Chemical Company, the Dow Sustainability Fellows Program at the University of Michigan supports full-time graduate students and postdoctoral scholars at the University of Michigan who are committed to finding interdisciplinary, actionable, and meaningful sustainability solutions on local-to-global scales. The program aspires to prepare future sustainability leaders to make a positive difference in organizations worldwide.
Erb dual degree MBA/MS students may apply through the Ross School of Business and the School of Natural Resources and Environment. Learn more: http://sustainability.umich.edu/education/dow
Erb-World Environment Center Fellowships
Erb/WEC Fellowships, sponsored by IBM
The Erb Institute and the World Environment Center (WEC) jointly offer a fellowship, supported by IBM, which provides students direct access to senior level sustainability executives of global companies in WEC’s membership and beyond. Students obtain direct experience in how companies evaluate and apply sustainability-related data and formulate decision making options.
Five Erb Institute fellowships will be awarded supporting participation in two WEC Roundtables during 2013. Students will take an active role in the following activities:
- Identifying potential Roundtable speakers
- Synthesizing a Roundtable pre-reading document for each of the chosen topics
- Participating as Roundtable speakers
- Preparing individual Roundtable Summaries that can be used as course materials and communications to the professional sustainability community
- Developing articles, blogs or other social media communications that achieve wide dissemination of Roundtable results
- Preparing a research paper suitable for publication
Each fellow receives a $1,000 stipend as well as reimbursement of travel and lodging.
Fellowship application procedures and selection criteria will be published shortly.
The Erb Institute and World Environment Center are grateful to IBM for support of this innovative partnership.