Applications for the 2014-15 recruiting cycle will be posted in early fall 2014.
The Erb Institute offers scholarships to entering MBA/MS students, to:
- Attract students with high leadership potential and who diversify the range of backgrounds and experiences represented among Erbers; and
- Alleviate the cost of a 3-year dual degree.
Eligibility to Apply
Applicants may apply for an Erb Institute recruitment scholarship if they have:
- Applied to both Ross and SNRE;
- Been admitted to either or both schools; and
- Have not matriculated at both schools.
Waitlisted candidates can still apply, but we may not be able to review those scholarship applications until candidates have been admitted to Ross. (SNRE does not have a waitlist.)
Mid-year applicants (i.e. those already enrolled in either Ross or SNRE) may apply once they have been admitted to the second school, but will receive less funding than those who start as dual degree students.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted through 9:00am EDT, June 1.
Scholarship awards will be made on a rolling basis throughout the admissions cycle. Applicants are advised to apply as soon as they are eligible. We will share results within roughly 4-6 weeks.
Award amounts will vary, and applicants are not guaranteed an award.
We consider the following criteria when reviewing applications:
- Commitment to and potential for leadership as a sustainability change agent
- Diversity of background, including global experience
- Potential contribution to the Erb community
Disbursing Your Award
- Awards will generally be disbursed during a student’s sixth consecutive semester of full-time enrollment in the MBA/MS program.
- Students with significant awards from other sources should contact the Erb Institute to coordinate disbursement timing.
- Remain enrolled as a full-time student at U-M for six consecutive semesters, through to graduation.
- Remain in good standing with the Erb Institute.
The requirement for continuous full-time enrollment may be waived in the event of compelling, extenuating circumstances, including but not limited to family emergencies, illness, and military deployment.
The Erb Institute will evaluate annually whether students completing coursework early will be eligible to keep their recruitment scholarships.
Please submit any questions about recruitment scholarships to firstname.lastname@example.org.