Transitioning to Market Models and Implementation Challenges,
Changing Regulatory Framework to Support the Utility of the Future
Bringing together national, cross-sectorial experts on the changing energy landscape, this conference explored strategies for meeting the challenges facing energy producers and regulators in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy supplies and services during a period of unprecedented industry transformation.
Location: Ross School of Business
Click here to see the photos
Click on individual conference video segments below:
Opening Keynote: Janet McCabe, EPA, Acting Assistant Administrator for the Office of Air and Radiation
- John DiDonato , Vice President of Development, NextEra Energy Resources
- Robin Newmark, Associate Lab Director, Energy Analysis and Decision Support, NREL
- Gregory Ioanidis, President, ITC Michigan
- Dennis Dobbs, Vice President of Generation Engineering and Services, Consumers Energy
- John Caldwell, Director of Economics, Edison Electric Institute
- Lisa Frantzis, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development, Advanced Energy Economy
- Ron Binz, Principal, Public Policy Consulting
- Ron Binz, (redux) former Chairman of the Colorado Public Utilities Commission
- Sonia Aggarwal, Director of Strategy, Energy Innovation
- State Senator John Proos, Representing Michigan’s 21st District
- John Quackenbush, Chairman, Michigan Public Service Commission
Come hear from global leaders at the forefront of sustainability in the industry discuss alternative fuel vehicles, pressing issues in the supply chain, and how they have influenced their companies. The event will be a panel discussion, moderated by Ross professor Marty Zimmerman. Participating executives include:
Chrysler: Bill Hall – Head of Sustainability
Ford: John Viera – Global Director of Sustainability
GM: David Tulauskas – Director of Sustainability, Environment, Energy, & Safety Policy
Location: Ross, R0240
Ross School of Business (Blau Auditorium, Colloquium, Winter Garden)
View the SNRE New Student Orientation – Fall 2014 details and schedule here.
Note: Erb Students are excused on Friday, August 29th for Erb Orientation.
Location: Ross School of Business, Colloquium (6th Floor)
This event is open to the Erb community. Regsiter here
The We Make Health Fest is a collaborative event for a local and virtual community interested in health, technology, and participatory design. Think of it as a mash-up between a science fair, a hands-on museum/exploratorium, and a do it yourself expo!
This event is free and open to the public. Event details
Details to be announced
Location: The Ecology Center, 339 E. Liberty, Suite 300, Ann Arbor
Dr. Elizabeth (Lisa) Del Buono, MD (Climate Reality Presenter and Citizens’ Climate Lobby Volunteer) will discuss global warming and why it is urgent that we take action to address this problem. She will explain the solution proposed by Citizens’ Climate Lobby and favored by economists as the most efficient way to transition away from fossil fuels: placing a price on greenhouse gas emissions, and she will teach us how we can become citizen advocates to ensure that this solution is enacted. Event details