Location: Gladwin Barn
Location: Dana 1046
Mr. Retzloff is a pioneer in the organic and natural foods industry with a 44-year career starting and managing successful companies. He is co-founder and Chairman of Alfalfa’s, a Boulder-based natural foods store. He also co-founded Aurora Organic Dairy in 2003, and currently serves on their board.
Mr. Retzloff started his career in natural foods retail, as co-founder of Eden Foods, Rainbow Grocery, and the original Alfalfa’s Market, which merged with Wild Oats Markets in 1996. Mr. Retzloff went on to become one of the co-founders of Horizon Organic Dairy. There he served as Chairman, CEO and President International. He then became Chairman of Rudi’s Organic Bakery where he helped execute a successful turn-around.
Transitioning to Market Models and Implementation Challenges,
Changing Regulatory Framework to Support the Utility of the Future
The Second Annual Michigan Energy Futures Conference convenes a discussion on strategies for meeting the challenges facing energy producers and regulators in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy supplies and services during a period of unprecedented industry transformation.
This conference brings together national experts on a variety of aspects of the changing energy landscape to inform cross-sectorial and constituency dialogues and to help chart the optimal paths forward.
Location: Ross School of Business
Watch the Conference Videos:
- John DiDonato , Vice President of Development, NextEra Energy Resources
- Robin Newmark, Associate Lab Director, Energy Analysis and Decision Support, NREL
- Gregory Ioanidis, President, ITC Michigan
- Dennis Dobbs, Vice President of Generation Engineering and Services, Consumers Energy
- John Caldwell, Director of Economics, Edison Electric Institute
- Lisa Frantzis, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development, Advanced Energy Economy
- Ron Binz, Principal, Public Policy Consulting
- Ron Binz, (redux) former Chairman of the Colorado Public Utilities Commission
- Sonia Aggarwal, Director of Strategy, Energy Innovation
- State Senator John Proos, Representing Michigan’s 21st District
- John Quackenbush, Chairman, Michigan Public Service Commission
Come hear from global leaders at the forefront of sustainability in the industry discuss alternative fuel vehicles, pressing issues in the supply chain, and how they have influenced their companies. The event will be a panel discussion, moderated by Ross professor Marty Zimmerman. Participating executives include:
Chrysler: Bill Hall – Head of Sustainability
Ford: John Viera – Global Director of Sustainability
GM: David Tulauskas – Director of Sustainability, Environment, Energy, & Safety Policy
Location: Ross, R0240
Ross School of Business (Blau Auditorium, Colloquium, Winter Garden)