SNRE Honors and Awards, followed by the annual picnic at ~4:30 and the Ann Arbor Alumni Reception at 6:00.
Location: Ross, R2240
Communicating Science to Broader Audiences and in Politicized Environments by Arthur Lupia, Hal R. Varian Collegiate Professor of Political Science, U-M
The Sustainability as a School of Thought Series is designed to nourish and support sustainability researchers. view the announcement
RSVPs are not required but are requested for a food count. Please RSVP to Ethan Schoolman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date changed to April 14:
Location: Ross, R1230
Robyn Meeks is an Assistant Professor, School of Natural Resources at the University of Michigan
Title and Abstract
This colloquium has been cancelled.
Location: Ross, E1550
Nandini Rajagopalan is Captain Henry Simonsen Chair in Strategic Entrepreneurship & Professor of Management and Organization, University of Southern California
Thursday, April 10 – 5:30pm-9:00pm
Friday, April 11 – 8:00am-5:00pm
Ann Arbor District Library
Highlights from the Ann Arbor farmers market, our local food economy, and tips on how to support and participate in Ann Arbor’s local food system.
Wednesday, April 9
Thursday, April 10
SPARK Central – 330 East Liberty, Lower Level, Ann Arbor
Free and open to the public.
Ross School of Business, Blau Auditorium
Co-hosted by: the Alliance to Save Energy, the Erb Institute and the City of Ann Arbor
This “must attend” event for energy efficiency influencers will be open for questions from the audience and media.
The event is by invitation only but it will be live-streamed by Detroit Public Television for public viewing.
Click here to view the:
WHAT: The Alliance to Save Energy, the Erb Institute at the University of Michigan and the City of Ann Arbor are cohosting the latest Energy 2030 On the Road event in Ann Arbor, Michigan on March 31. The event will also be broadcast live by Detroit Public Television, enabling media across the country to learn more about the Energy 2030 On the Road campaign, which seeks to galvanize action at the local, state and regional levels by engaging stakeholders in a national commitment to the Energy 2030 goal of doubling U.S. energy productivity by 2030.
The On the Road event in Ann Arbor will complement prior campaign stops in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas and will lay the groundwork for local policymakers, advocates, and stakeholders in Ann Arbor and Michigan communities to adopt the lofty, yet achievable, goal.
WHO: Local and national energy efficiency stakeholders from government, business, advocacy, industry, and academia groups will be in attendance. Confirmed speakers include:
- Anna Garcia Department of Energy
- Governor Rick Snyder (via prerecorded video)
- Mayor John Hieftje Ann Arbor
- Mayor George Heartwell Grand Rapids
- Valerie Brader Executive Office of Governor Rick Snyder
- Kateri Callahan Alliance to Save Energy
- Tom Catania Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise
- Peter Gudritz Dow Chemical Company
- Kevin Self Johnson Controls
- Maureen Sertich Whirlpool
- Mark Barteau University of Michigan Energy Institute
- Chairman John Quackenbush Michigan Public Service Commission
- Kim Wolske Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise
- Barry Rabe Ford School of Public Policy, University of Michigan
- Chuck Hadden Michigan Manufacturers Association
- Patricia Poppe CMS Energy
- Mary Templeton Michigan Saves
- Wade Smith Air Movement and Control Association
- Kevin Messner PoliticaLogic, on behalf of Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers
- David Bell Masco Contractor Services
- Gale Tedhams Owens Corning